Mini PowerPoint Remote: Build on 3/4" x 1" Board?

• Thread starter Priesthood
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker wants to build a mini wireless PowerPoint remote with two buttons and a receiver that is a wireless USB. They are not familiar with the design process and plan to hire a consultant, but want to try building it themselves first. They are looking for any information or jokes about their lack of electrical knowledge. The recommended solution is to check out WUSB kits from Cypress Semiconductor.
Priesthood
I'd like to attempt to build a mini wireless PowerPoint remote that simply moves back and forth through slides...that's it...two buttons. I'm trying to see if I can fit the entire design on a board no larger than 3/4" x 1"...is this possible? Also, the receiver would need to be a wireless USB. I'm not very familiar with how any of this might work and plan to pay a consultant to design (or attempt to design) this for me, but I thought I'd like to take a stab at it myself first! Why not...so any kind of info, even if its a joke at my lack of electrical knowledge is appreciated. Cheers!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Priesthood said:
I'd like to attempt to build a mini wireless PowerPoint remote that simply moves back and forth through slides...that's it...two buttons. I'm trying to see if I can fit the entire design on a board no larger than 3/4" x 1"...is this possible? Also, the receiver would need to be a wireless USB. I'm not very familiar with how any of this might work and plan to pay a consultant to design (or attempt to design) this for me, but I thought I'd like to take a stab at it myself first! Why not...so any kind of info, even if its a joke at my lack of electrical knowledge is appreciated. Cheers!

Check out the WUSB kits from Cypress Semiconductor. They should fit your requirements pretty well. :smile:

1. What is a Mini PowerPoint Remote?

A Mini PowerPoint Remote is a small handheld device used to control PowerPoint presentations on a computer. It allows users to advance slides, navigate between slides, and control other features such as audio and video playback.

2. What is the size of the Mini PowerPoint Remote?

The Mini PowerPoint Remote is built on a 3/4" x 1" board, making it very compact and easy to carry around. It can easily fit into a pocket or small bag, making it convenient for presenters who are always on-the-go.

3. How does the Mini PowerPoint Remote connect to a computer?

The Mini PowerPoint Remote connects to a computer via Bluetooth or USB. It has a wireless range of up to 30 feet, allowing presenters to move around freely while controlling their presentation.

4. Can the Mini PowerPoint Remote be used with any computer?

Yes, the Mini PowerPoint Remote is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. It can also be used with different versions of PowerPoint, making it a versatile tool for presenters.

5. Are there any additional features on the Mini PowerPoint Remote?

Aside from controlling PowerPoint presentations, the Mini PowerPoint Remote also has a built-in laser pointer for highlighting important points on slides. It also has a black screen feature, which allows presenters to temporarily hide the presentation while they speak to their audience.