Morgan Freeman & Garrett Lisi on "Through the Wormhole

In summary, Garrett discusses his involvement with a television show and expresses his hopes that it will not be terrible. He mentions giving advice and introducing the producers to the Science & Entertainment Exchange, but ultimately they had their own ideas. The only thing he knows for sure will be good is Morgan Freeman talking about Lie groups. He also mentions his E8 work and a short paper he plans to publish soon. He expresses frustration with having to subscribe to extra channels to watch the Science channel.
rhody
Gold Member
Garrett's own critique of the show and himself http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=2990":
Garrett says:
June 9, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Sadly, I’m no Carl Sagan.

I hope this episode isn’t terrible. I’ve only seen parts of it. I gave the producers lots of advice, and even introduced them to the Science & Entertainment Exchange. They had their own ideas and agenda though, and did their own thing. I’m mostly just hoping I don’t get What the Bleeped, or pronounced a physics prophet.

The only thing about it that I know is good is that Morgan Freeman will talk a bit about Lie groups. That I’m happy about. The God stuff, not so much.

And, err, there is a decent shot of me surfing

Rhody...

garrett, good job...
TBone, a complement that will never be acknowledged

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

and...
Garrett says:
June 9, 2010 at 10:23 pm

E8 work is going well. Short paper coming soon — probably out next week.

Rhody...

Stupid Dish network. I'd have to subscribe to 150 more channels that I don't want in order to get the Science channel.

Related to Morgan Freeman & Garrett Lisi on "Through the Wormhole

1. Who is Morgan Freeman?

Morgan Freeman is an American actor, producer, and narrator. He is known for his deep, authoritative voice and has appeared in numerous films, including The Shawshank Redemption, Million Dollar Baby, and The Dark Knight trilogy.

2. Who is Garrett Lisi?

Garrett Lisi is an American theoretical physicist and surfer. He is best known for his theory of everything, also known as the "An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything" or E8 Theory, which he proposed in 2007.

3. What is "Through the Wormhole"?

"Through the Wormhole" is a documentary television series hosted by Morgan Freeman that explores various scientific and philosophical questions, such as the origin of life, the nature of time, and the existence of alien life.

4. What was Morgan Freeman and Garrett Lisi's topic on "Through the Wormhole"?

Morgan Freeman and Garrett Lisi discussed the concept of parallel universes and the possibility of multiple dimensions in their episode of "Through the Wormhole." They also explored the idea of a "multiverse" and how it could potentially explain the mysteries of our universe.

5. What were some key takeaways from Morgan Freeman and Garrett Lisi's discussion on "Through the Wormhole"?

Some key takeaways from their discussion include the idea that our universe may be just one of many in a larger multiverse, the concept of parallel universes existing alongside our own, and the potential for advanced civilizations in other dimensions to communicate with us. They also touched on the intersection of physics and philosophy in understanding the nature of our existence.