My random nepali name generator project blew up

In summary, the conversation discusses a guy who has created a UI using tailwindcss and fixed a reloading issue. There is another guy who is helping out with the project and one option is to tell the other guys that its a student project and that you have little time or interest to do anything more with it. Another option is to give them the code and let them work on it themselves. The code is available on github.
shivajikobardan
And people are contributing to it. A guy made UI using tailwindcss. He fixed reloading data on every click. I don't know what to do. He's asking to convert this application to full stack application using vue and laravel. But I've no idea about these technology as I'm beginner. Neither do I've that much of free time for this project. What should I do? Should I be upfront honest? It's being starred by 2-3 people. And there is also another guy contributing to it.

Likes pbuk
Technology news on Phys.org
You have a couple of choices:
- tell them its a student project and that you have little time or interest to do anything more with it
- give them the code as its not that hard to replicate the idea and let them run with it (ask them to give you credit for what you wrote)
- comment your code with your name and some sort of Nepali copyright statement in the code
- start a side-business and maybe you can spin it into a consultancy or full on software shop
- don't give up on your student dreams though
- share the code on Github as a project (people can fork / clone your project and make a new and improved one from it)

jedishrfu said:
You have a couple of choices:
- tell them its a student project and that you have little time or interest to do anything more with it
- give them the code as its not that hard to replicate the idea and let them run with it (ask them to give you credit for what you wrote)
- comment your code with your name and some sort of Nepali copyright statement in the code
- start a side-business and maybe you can spin it into a consultancy or full on software shop
- don't give up on your student dreams though
- share the code on Github as a project (people can fork / clone your project and make a new and improved one from it)
I've shared the code on github where it's being forked, watched and starred. I'm baffled and so happy. Thank you @pbuk . I didn't get on your part where you said student dreams. What does that means?

You know as a student you dream of what you'll use your degree for.

Look at Bill Gates, he built a company with help from his enterprising mother. It started with him and Paul Allen building a BASIC interpreter for Southwest Technical Products as contractors until Gates said they were licensing the code to SWTP.

SWTP built the first of the home computer kits and systems: the Altair 8080 and the Altair 6800 (I still have my Altair 6800 and it lights up ie works I think -- 6800 cpu with a wopping 16k memory programmable through the frontpanel switches)

shivajikobardan said:
A guy made UI using tailwindcss. He fixed reloading data on every click. I don't know what to do. He's asking to convert this application to full stack application using vue and laravel. What should I do?
Tailwind, Vue and Laravel are an excellent combination and along with the testing and devops that go with them, very employable skills - I'd say go with it and learn with him as you go.

jack action said:
I think he already laid the foundation for his own project based on yours.
Oh yeah! Great to see my idea going this big.

1. What caused your random Nepali name generator project to "blow up"?

There could be several reasons for this, such as errors in the code, compatibility issues with the platform it was hosted on, or an overwhelming amount of traffic.

2. Can you fix the issue and get the project back up and running?

Yes, it is possible to fix the issue and get the project back up and running. However, it may take some time to identify and resolve the problem.

3. Will the project be exactly the same as before it "blew up"?

It is possible that the project may not be exactly the same as before due to changes that may need to be made in order to fix the issue. However, the overall concept and functionality will remain the same.

4. How long will it take to get the project back up and running?

The timeline for getting the project back up and running depends on the complexity of the issue and the availability of resources. It could take anywhere from a few hours to several days.

5. Will there be any improvements or updates made to the project during the fixing process?

It is possible that improvements or updates may be made to the project during the fixing process, but this will depend on the nature of the issue and the resources available.