My way to be a cad drafter which are the best ways?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is currently not employed and is interested in pursuing a career in mechanical engineering. They have experience in technical sales and are also skilled in using Autodesk Inventor. They are considering reaching out to design offices for potential job opportunities, but are also open to gaining experience through small projects. The conversation ends with a suggestion to apply for a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering. It is advised to use native language and improve English skills before applying for jobs.
reality250
Dear Community,
am 24 and currently not occupationally active. Was in Austria HTL MÖDLING: Department of Industrial Engineering. However, the last year not completed, as 19 year old teenager I could have interested me more for something else. But yet got jobs but in the field of technical sales experience: 3 years- have before next full-time job, FH Wirtschaftsing. f. to make working. By writing a university entrance exam I will do this yet.

But what am currently very tingles the construct or design of certain mechanical components with Inventor. The school has always interested me.
http://htl.moedling.at/5510.0.html

(that was my school)I would like to ask how your opinions are this. I just currently developed in the communication area that I usually leave a sympathetic and professional impression on job interviews (this is me often given as feedback)

This I would like to combine, I think that I can use these two skills well. I'm draufgekommen that already design plans can be converted to 3D without problems.

Just know what impression did not get your me but unfortunately I bn with no experience and would like to make my own business, perhaps the way to the top.

I have also considered the following to write design offices. I am also aware that I first had experiences need to make my own business.

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
DEAR SIR XXXXX,
Your company is a reputable company that adds works on qualitative design in almost all fields.

For a few months, I have a tingling desire for development of my knowledge, namely my passion with Autodesk Inventor 2015. Each time I would be willing to deepen my knowledge with your projects. An employee within the meaning of "learning by doing" is interested in your company and am very would be a great challenge for me.

Therefore, I am convinced that I can make a significant contribution to the implementation of a project and thus a further development of your business with my previous knowledge and experience.To put it in a nutshell: I want as professionals, or minor employee or freelance employees, expand their business in my knowledge. This I would like to initially get through small projects in free experience.

I would be happy to cooperate with you very much.

sincerely yours

X XXXXXX

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------could not sleep for some reason, I would be happy therefore any feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I would not recommend sending that to prospective employers. It makes very little sense and reads more like a scam email than an honest attempt at employment. I suggest applying in your native language until your English is up to par. Good luck job hunting.

Likes SilverSlash
Abort all use of English, stick to German. You used google translator didn't you?

Just get a bachelor's in mechanical engineering at a fachhochschule, IF you like mechanics of course!
If you just want to use the computer and draw stuff, it's not for you.

To be honest, to just do cad drafting, there might even be a vocational secondary education that teaches you that. I don't know how it is in Austria though.

1. What education or training is necessary to become a cad drafter?

To become a cad drafter, you typically need a degree in drafting or a related field such as engineering or architecture. Some employers may also require certification or specialized training in specific cad software programs.

2. What skills are important for a successful cad drafter?

Some important skills for a cad drafter include strong technical and mathematical abilities, attention to detail, spatial reasoning, and proficiency in cad software programs. Good communication and problem-solving skills are also important for working with clients and collaborating with other professionals.

3. Can you become a cad drafter without a college degree?

While a degree is typically preferred, it is possible to become a cad drafter through a combination of on-the-job training and specialized courses or workshops. However, having a degree may open up more job opportunities and potentially lead to higher pay.

4. What are the best ways to stay updated on the latest cad drafting techniques and software?

Attending conferences, workshops, and webinars specific to cad drafting can help you stay updated on the latest techniques and software updates. Networking with other cad drafters and joining professional organizations can also provide valuable resources and opportunities for learning.

5. What is the job outlook for cad drafters?

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for cad drafters is projected to decline by 4% from 2019 to 2029. However, there may be opportunities for those with specialized skills or experience in certain industries or software programs.