Mysterious Rattling Rock - What Could Be Inside?

• Thread starter qaddoumi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rock
In summary, this egg-shaped rattling rock may be a geode, which is a hollow rock formation that may have had some of its interior shaken loose.
qaddoumi
A rock that rattles??

hey

i have this rock that my father gave to me before he died.

its an egg shaped rock but i doubt its an egg of any kind but i don't know, and when you shake it it rattles as if there is something inside of it. I am wondering what could be inside of it.

Does anyone have any idea what might be inside of it?? or what might this rock be?

Thank you.

Likes VickiLa
Earth sciences news on Phys.org

Insufficient information. Try posting a picture, preferably with a ruler, so that we can see the size. Without having seen it, one possibility is that it might be a geode. If so, the likkeliest thing inside would be a piece of quarta crystal. You might try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geode for a description. Don't rattle it too hard; you are likely to spoil it.

Cheers,

Jon

PS, Why is this question not in the Earth sciences forum?

Unless it is an artifical construct then my vote is also for geode. Frankly I cannot think of anything else it could be.

I found an egg-shaped rattling rock when I was 7. From rock books, I decided it was a geode.

qaddoumi said:
hey

i have this rock that my father gave to me before he died.

its an egg shaped rock but i doubt its an egg of any kind but i don't know, and when you shake it it rattles as if there is something inside of it. I am wondering what could be inside of it.

Does anyone have any idea what might be inside of it?? or what might this rock be?

Thank you.

mk has it! This egg shaped rock is probably a geode which is a hollow rock formation that may have had some of its interior shaken loose... and now it rattles when it shakes. Could make a good earthquake alarm system...!

Related to Mysterious Rattling Rock - What Could Be Inside?

1. What is the Mysterious Rattling Rock?

The Mysterious Rattling Rock is a large, oddly-shaped rock that emits a rattling noise when moved or shaken.

2. Where was the Mysterious Rattling Rock found?

The Mysterious Rattling Rock was found in a remote area, most likely in a natural environment such as a forest or desert.

3. What could be causing the rattling noise inside the rock?

There are several possible explanations for the rattling noise inside the Mysterious Rattling Rock. It could be caused by loose pebbles or debris inside the rock, air pockets, or even small animals that have made their home inside.

4. Has anyone opened the Mysterious Rattling Rock to see what's inside?

It is not recommended to open or break the Mysterious Rattling Rock as it may damage the potential contents inside and alter its natural state. It is best to observe and study the rock without disturbing it.

5. Is the Mysterious Rattling Rock a natural phenomenon or man-made?

At this time, it is unknown whether the Mysterious Rattling Rock is a natural occurrence or man-made. Further research and analysis will need to be conducted to determine its origin.