National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded

• Thread starter cveri
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dinosaurs
In summary, National Geographic is airing a special called Dinosaurs Decoded on October 11th at 9pm EST. This special will showcase new theories on dinosaur development and the extreme transformations they underwent as they grew. Famed paleontologist Jack Horner suggests that up to a third of known dinosaur species may actually be misclassified juveniles. The special will also be featured on the National Geographic website, which includes photos. This promises to be a fascinating and eye-opening look at dinosaurs and their evolution.
cveri
Something that might be of interest to those here. It's a National Geographic special entitled Decoding Dinosaurs that will present new theories on dinosaur development. Here is a summary of the show:

Dinosaurs Decoded is airing 9pm EST October 11th as a prime-time National
Geographic Channel special.

With stunning animation, Dinosaurs Decoded brings to life a vision of
dinosaurs unlike any you’ve ever seen before. Groundbreaking work by famed
paleontologist Jack Horner, Mark Goodwin, and others reveals
dinosaur underwent extreme transformations as they grew. They sprouted and
lost horns and bumps on their skulls. And males shed dull colors for
startlingly bright ones. A young Triceratops or T.rex may have looked so
different from its parents you’d have a hard time recognizing it. Horner is
shaking up his colleagues by suggesting that the transformations were so
dramatic that up to a third of all known dinosaur species may vanish in
cases of mistaken identity; they may simply be misclassified youngsters.
This special for the National Geographic Channel follows Horner and his
colleagues as they uncover new fossils that suggest dinosaurs may have
looked and behaved far differently than we ever believed.

Dinosaurs Decoded is also featured on this National Geographic website.
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/dinosaurs-decoded-3944/Photos/

Last edited by a moderator:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Wow, that sounds fascinating! I'm definitely going to tune in to watch National Geographic's Dinosaurs Decoded on October 11th. It's so incredible to think that some of the dinosaurs that have been discovered may just be misclassified juveniles. I'm also excited to check out the website and view the photos. Thank you for sharing this information!

That sounds really interesting! I've always been fascinated by dinosaurs and their evolution, so I'll definitely have to check out this National Geographic special. It's amazing to think that there may have been even more diversity and change in their appearance than we previously thought. I'll definitely be tuning in on October 11th. Thanks for sharing this! And I'll also have to check out the website for some sneak peeks.

Q: What is "National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded" about?

"National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded" is a documentary that explores the latest scientific discoveries and theories about the lives and behaviors of dinosaurs.

Q: Who produced "National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded"?

"National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded" was produced by National Geographic, a well-known media company that focuses on nature and science.

Q: When was "National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded" released?

"National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded" was released on January 4, 2009.

Q: Are the dinosaurs shown in "National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded" accurate representations?

Yes, the dinosaurs shown in "National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded" are based on the latest scientific evidence and research. The producers consulted with paleontologists to ensure the accuracy of the depictions.

Q: Can children watch "National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded"?

Yes, "National Geographic Special: Dinosaurs Decoded" is appropriate for all ages, although younger children may need parental guidance due to some scenes of violence and predation.

Back