NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue

• C#
  • Thread starter Superposed_Cat
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with the code samples for NAudio, specifically with the use of "+= new EventHandler<StoppedEventArgs>". The issue is not due to any other factors and the conversation requests for assistance in understanding and resolving the error. Additional information such as the version of NAudio and the type of application being coded is also mentioned. The issue was eventually resolved by using a different DLL version.
Superposed_Cat
This is one of the many code samples I've tried for NAUDIO,but on all of them they say that += new EventHandler<StoppedEventArgs> is incorrect. There is no other issue. Anybody know what's happening?

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using NAudio;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using NAudio.Wave;
using NAudio.Utils;
using NAudio.Mixer;
using NAudio.Midi;

using System.Timers;

namespace WindowsFormsApplication4
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

public WaveIn waveSource = null;
    public WaveFileWriter waveFile = null;
    public string RECORDING_PATH;

public void AudioRecorder(string fileName)
    {
        RECORDING_PATH = fileName;
    }

public void Start()
    {
        waveSource = new WaveIn();
        waveSource.WaveFormat = new WaveFormat(44100, 1);
        waveSource.DeviceNumber = 0;
        waveSource.DataAvailable += new EventHandler<WaveInEventArgs>(waveSource_DataAvailable);
        waveSource.RecordingStopped += new EventHandler<StoppedEventArgs>(waveSource_RecordingStopped);

waveFile = new WaveFileWriter(RECORDING_PATH, waveSource.WaveFormat);

System.Timers.Timer t = new System.Timers.Timer(30000);

t.Elapsed += new ElapsedEventHandler(Stop);

waveSource.StartRecording();

t.Start();

}

private void Stop(object sender, ElapsedEventArgs args)
    {
        waveSource.StopRecording();
    }

private void waveSource_DataAvailable(object sender, WaveInEventArgs e)
    {
        if (waveFile != null)
        {
            waveFile.WriteData(e.Buffer, 0, e.BytesRecorded);
            waveFile.Flush();
        }
    }

private void waveSource_RecordingStopped(object sender, StoppedEventArgs e)
    {
        if (waveSource != null)
        {
            waveSource.Dispose();
            waveSource = null;
        }

if (waveFile != null)
        {
            waveFile.Dispose();
            waveFile = null;
        }

}
    }
}

Technology news on Phys.org
You aren't coding this as a console application, are you?

Some more information would be helpful, such as the version of NAudio you're using, and a detailed description of the error you're seeing.

Are you getting this error at runtime or compile time? It compiles fine for me.

I think I just had an incompatible version because I referenced the DLL from one of my other projects and it works fine. Thanks anyways, apologies for the inconveniance.

I would first suggest checking for any typos or syntax errors in the code. It is also important to make sure that all necessary libraries and dependencies are properly imported and referenced.

Additionally, it may be helpful to consult the documentation for NAUDIO and see if there are any specific requirements or steps that need to be followed in order to properly use the event handler. It is also possible that there may be a bug or issue with the NAUDIO library itself, in which case contacting the developers or seeking assistance from other users may be helpful.

In general, troubleshooting code issues can be a complex and iterative process, so it may require some trial and error to identify and resolve the issue. It may also be helpful to break down the code into smaller sections and test each one individually to pinpoint where the issue is occurring.

Related to NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue

1. What is the NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue?

The NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue refers to a problem that occurs when using the NAUDIO.dll library in C# programming. This library is used for audio playback and recording, but users have reported difficulties in implementing event handlers for certain functions.

2. How does the NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue affect my programming?

The NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue can cause unexpected behavior or errors in your code, preventing you from properly handling audio events. This can impact the functionality of your program and make it difficult to achieve the desired results.

3. What causes the NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue?

The NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue is typically caused by a mismatch between the version of the NAUDIO.dll library and the version of the .NET framework being used. It can also be caused by incorrect implementation of event handlers in the code.

4. How can I troubleshoot and fix the NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue?

To troubleshoot the NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue, you can try updating your NAUDIO.dll library to the latest version and ensuring that it is compatible with your .NET framework. You can also review your code for any errors or incorrect implementation of event handlers. Additionally, seeking help from online forums or consulting the documentation for the NAUDIO.dll library can also provide helpful insights for fixing the issue.

5. Is there a way to prevent the NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue from occurring?

The best way to prevent the NAUDIO.dll C# event handler issue is to carefully review and test your code before implementing it. Make sure that the versions of NAUDIO.dll and .NET framework are compatible and that the event handlers are properly implemented. Regularly updating the NAUDIO.dll library and keeping up with any changes or updates to the library can also help prevent the issue from occurring.