Need career counseling for architecture

In summary, the speaker is an A level student who wants to pursue a career in architecture but is unsure of the steps to take. They are aware that they need to obtain a B.Arch. and M.Arch. degree, but they are unsure of what to do after that. They are seeking advice and guidance on how to become an architect.
xoha01
Need career counseling for architecture!

hey I am an A level student. I am in last year of A levels giving exams this may and november.. subjects by which i will be completing A levels are physics, maths, psychology and general paper... i want to study architecture n keep it as a career but i have no idea what 1 must do or which line to follow or wether this is the right choice or not.. looking forward 4 help..

Physics news on Phys.org

Welcome to the forums.

What is it you're really asking? Presumably you're aware that if you want to become an architect, then you should apply to an architecture course at university?

I had a friend that went through architecture training, when he went through it (in the UK) it was a 4 year degree, 3 year post-grad training with the next step involving finding an internship at an architecture firm.

Yea I do have university options where I can apply for architecture... Thing is all I know about how to go around architecture would be to first get a B.Arch. degree and then M.Arch. degree. The B.Arch. course here is four years as well and the M.Arch. degree is another two years. After that I'm completely clueless where to go or what to do =O

xoha01 said:
After that I'm completely clueless where to go or what to do =O

So, you have a plan for the next six years but just want to know what to do after...? With a degree in architecture, you'll be on the route to becoming an architect. If that's what you want to do, then you have enough information for the time being so I'm not really sure what you're looking for.

Have a look at:
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/Options_with_your_subject/Your_degree_in_architecture/Your_skills/p!eLafXgf

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not an expert in the field of architecture, but I can offer some general advice on seeking career counseling. First, it is important to identify your interests and strengths in relation to the field of architecture. This can help guide your decision-making process and give you a better understanding of what type of architecture career may be a good fit for you.

You may want to consider reaching out to a career counselor who specializes in working with individuals interested in architecture. They can provide you with personalized guidance and resources to help you explore different paths within the field and determine which one aligns with your goals and interests.

Additionally, you may want to research different architecture programs and speak with current architecture students or professionals to gain insight into the industry. This can give you a better understanding of the skills and knowledge required for a successful career in architecture.

It is also important to keep in mind that your A level subjects may not directly relate to architecture, but they can still provide valuable skills and knowledge that can be applied to the field. For example, your background in physics and math can be beneficial in understanding the structural and technical aspects of architecture.

Overall, seeking career counseling is a great first step in exploring your interest in architecture and determining if it is the right career path for you. Remember to also do your own research and talk to individuals in the field to gain a better understanding of what it takes to be successful in architecture. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Related to Need career counseling for architecture

1. What is career counseling for architecture?

Career counseling for architecture is a service that helps individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of architecture. It involves meeting with a professional counselor who can provide guidance, support, and resources to help individuals make informed decisions about their career path in architecture.

2. Who can benefit from career counseling for architecture?

Anyone who is considering a career in architecture can benefit from career counseling. This includes high school students, college students, and even professionals who are looking to switch careers or advance in their current architectural role.

3. What can I expect from a career counseling session for architecture?

During a career counseling session for architecture, you can expect to discuss your interests, goals, and skills with a counselor who specializes in the field of architecture. They will provide guidance on educational requirements, job opportunities, and other factors to consider when pursuing a career in architecture.

4. How can career counseling benefit me in the field of architecture?

Career counseling can benefit you in the field of architecture by providing you with valuable information and resources to help you make informed decisions about your career path. It can also help you identify your strengths and weaknesses, set goals, and develop a plan to achieve them.

5. How do I find a career counselor for architecture?

You can find a career counselor for architecture through various means, such as online searches, referrals from friends or professionals in the field, or through your school's career center. It is important to choose a counselor who has experience and expertise in the field of architecture.