Need Help deciding which classes to take

In summary: I'm really lost on what I should do. Should I retake engineering physics 1 or not?You should definitely retake Engineering Physics 1, but depending on your qualifications you might be able to get a pass with a lower grade if you study hard.
Geo_Zegarra2018
Merry Christmas everyone!

I have a question and I want some honest answers. So this semester I took Organic Chemistry 1 and Calculus 1. I both passed but with a D, sadly the courses won't transfer to my school I want to attend in the future (waiting for a response from the schools I applied to). Unfortunately, I can only take calculus 1 but organic 1 has to wait because my school only offers it every fall :( I'm not worried about not retaking organic 1. what I'm most worried about is that I need to take Calc based physics 1 and I don't know if the class will have a lot of calculus physics involved. How was your experience with calc based physics 1? I'm also retaking Calculus 1 because I got a D. My Spring 2017 semester looks like this. Also, I've talked to my physics professor and she says there will be 14 lab reports written! I don't mind the writing but 14? I did, however, write 8 lab reports for General chemistry 1.

AN205: Forensic Anthropology

MA151: Calculus 1

PH261: Engineering Physics 1

PE110: Racquet Sports

BM251: Organizational Behavior

Or

CJ204: Criminology

Physics news on Phys.org
If terms are semesters, then 14 lab reports is less than 18 reports, if a typical semester is 18 weeks. The lab reports for Physics 1, if basic Mechanics, should not be too tough, but you might be overloading your planned set of courses with all those five courses. "Engineering Physics"? Is this the typical Phys 1 for science & engineering students?

You WILL need some Calculus skills for Physics 1, but MOST of what you will use for doing the exercises would be intermediate Algebra and basic Trigonometry, so you really need to be well-skilled with these. If you study very hard for your retake of Calculus 1, you should be able to earn at least B, and you might---- MIGHT be ready for Calculus 2 and Physics 2 the following semester. Grades earned can fool you. Earning A or B in Calculus 1 does not mean that you will be able to pass (with at least C) the next one, Calculus 2.

My college has 15 weeks of classes. I actually don't mind the calculus, I did great towards the end but then it got harder. The final was kind of in the middle but it wasn't too bad. My calculus 1 class only covers 4 chapters. We use the calculus Stewart 8th edition book!

Chapter 1: Functions and limits- Not a bad chapter, I got a high test grade so it wasn't too bad
Chapter 2: Derivatives - This chapter wasn't bad at all. The test was easy but messed up. got a poor grade
Chapter 3: Applications of Differentiation: This is where I got confused but I slacked off and only did the review packet for the test. Not a hard chapter but I enjoyed taking the 2nd derivative to find the local min and max.
Chapter 4: Integrals - I loved the fundamental theorem of calculus. It made sense once we learned the new short method!

Overall: I believe chapter 3 and 4 are my weakens but now that I'm retaking it I will be more fully prepared and know what I'm doing! Also found some outside homework resources that I may do over the course of the semester!

Fifteen Week term: What is that? Quarter or Semester? Seems like between the two.

Calculus 1 can get difficult anywhere through the course. Are you limiting yourself to studying only while you are enrolled in the course? That can be insufficient. If you have ANY weak spots in Calculus 1, then they can wack you when you take Calculus 2 or Physics 2 (The E & M fundamental course). If you have six weeks between this semester and the spring semester, then you really should study all of your Calculus 1 course again on your own - completely; and if you then retake officially Calculus 1 in the spring semester, and study hard, you might be able to get a B.

It's a semester! Thank you! I will study hard! I will try to make a better study guides and practice more. My goal is a B or C.

Guys I passed calculus 1 with a B! I'm so happy. Now onto Calculus 2! ahh

AN205: Forensic Anthropology (Replaced with History 102): Got an A in History

MA151: Calculus 1 B

PH261: Engineering Physics 1 Withdrew

PE110: Racquet Sports B

BM251: Organizational Behavior C

I will be sitting in as a free student for calculus 2 over the summer. Starting May 30th.

What should I do:
I withdrew my engineering physics 1 class this semester. Due to not having any background and not taking in in high school due to taking biology regents seven times. I was wondering what's the best way to self-study.

1)Get a membership at Study.com
- Plan on doing Physics 111: Physics 1
course description
Work through this self-paced physics course to improve your understanding of essential physics topics. The course's bite-sized lessons and self-assessments can be used to improve your grades, prepare for upcoming physics exams or simply strengthen your basic physics knowledge.

I would be paying the $60 per month deal so I can get access to quizzes and help from etc.

2) Get an AP physics 1 or C book to study

My goal is to study and get a familiar idea of the basic ideas of physics topics. I'm planning to take it again at my potential transfer school this coming fall.

1. How do I know which classes to take for my major?

The first step is to consult your academic advisor or department head. They can provide you with a list of required courses for your major and help you create a plan for completing them. You can also research your major's curriculum online or speak to upperclassmen for advice.

2. Should I take classes that interest me or ones that fulfill requirements?

It is important to strike a balance between taking classes that interest you and fulfilling requirements for your major. Taking classes that interest you can help keep you motivated and engaged, but fulfilling requirements is necessary for graduation. Consider taking a mix of both types of classes.

3. How many classes should I take per semester?

This can vary depending on your personal schedule and workload. Generally, full-time students take around 12-18 credits per semester, which is equivalent to 4-6 classes. However, if you have a part-time job or other commitments, it may be best to take fewer classes. It is important to find a balance that works for you.

4. Can I change my class schedule after the semester has started?

Yes, most universities have a designated add/drop period at the beginning of each semester where you can make changes to your schedule. After this period, you may need to petition for a course change or withdrawal, which may result in a fee. It is best to consult your university's policies and speak with your advisor before making any changes to your schedule.

5. Can I take classes from different majors?

Yes, many universities allow students to take classes from different majors or even different departments. This can be beneficial for exploring other interests or fulfilling elective requirements. However, it is important to check with your advisor and make sure the class will count towards your degree.