Need help in some concept questions

• Thread starter so0lid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Concept
In summary, the conversation was about identifying concepts and theories related to different physical situations, such as friction, impulse, momentum, the 3rd Law of Motion, the 2nd Law of Motion, the 1st Law of Motion, circular motion, freely falling, projectile motion, and using a lift (elevator). The participants discussed their answers to specific questions and clarified their reasoning behind their choices. They also considered the possibility of different answers and the concept that best explains the majority of the situation. Ultimately, the conversation highlighted the importance of understanding and applying fundamental principles of physics.
so0lid

Homework Statement

A. Friction
B. Impulse
C. Momentum
D. 3rd Law of Motion
E. 2nd Law of Motion
F. 1st Law of Motion
G. Circular Motion
H. Freely Falling
I. Projectile

Homework Equations

Write the letter of the concept/theory under the following physical situation.

1. Truck and car moving with the same speed approaching each other.
2. Sliding a box of books across the library floor.
3. Launching of space shuttle causing rocket propulsion.
4. Pulling up a string attached to a cliff.
5. Contact of soles of shoes and the floor.
6. An LED television set stands on a table.
7. A kick force of a player in a football match.
8. Ripe date fruits falling from the tree.
9. Serving the volleyball in a match.
10. Using the lift (elevator) in going to the different floors of the building.These are just a simple of identification and concept question but I want to be sure of my answer can anyone help? thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
What is your attempt

This is my attempt:

1. C
2. A
3. D
4. E
5. A
6. F
7. B
8. H
9. I
10. D

Last edited:
so0lid said:
3. B - I guess its C+D
7. B isnt it projectile motion ??
10. D How? I guess its E

Rest i think is fine

Yeah I changed 3. to D ..
and 7. it could be projectile but what does "kick force" word mean here.
And 10. look you are correct.

What do you think?!
Thank you for reply. Hope to see any other sure answer.

Edit: I guess 10. is D because when solving question for elevators -especially when moving up or down. we use ∑F = ma. Also the elevator have increasing/decreasing up/down accelerator and not constant, so if we say a mass of a man inside the elevator when going up will push with force the elevator down. In this situation we are using the 3rd Law of motion.

Last edited:
so0lid said:
and 7. it could be projectile but what does "kick force" word mean here

Many others could also have other answers

but i am guessing the answer is the concept which explains majority of concept ... you might be right ...

9. Serving the volleyball in a match.

why not impulse for this ?

I edit my last post check please.

and 9. i guess I took it as majority of concept :p

so0lid said:
Edit: I guess 10. is D because when solving question for elevators -especially when moving up or down. we use ∑F = ma. Also the elevator have increasing/decreasing up/down accelerator and not constant, so if we say a mass of a man inside the elevator when going up will push with force the elevator down. In this situation we are using the 3rd Law of motion.

∑F = ma is second law
third law is the action reaction pair

Aha, thanks anyway. :)

Related to Need help in some concept questions

1. What is the purpose of concept questions?

Concept questions are used to assess students' understanding and comprehension of a specific concept or topic. They are designed to help students think critically and apply their knowledge in a meaningful way.

2. How can I use concept questions in my teaching?

Concept questions can be used in various ways, such as in-class discussions, quizzes, or homework assignments. They can also be incorporated into lectures or presentations to engage students and promote active learning.

3. How do I create effective concept questions?

To create effective concept questions, it is important to first identify the key concepts or learning objectives that you want to assess. Then, develop questions that require critical thinking and application of the concept rather than simple recall or memorization.

4. How can concept questions benefit students?

Concept questions can benefit students by providing a deeper understanding of the material and promoting critical thinking skills. They also allow students to self-assess their understanding and identify areas where they need to improve.

5. Can concept questions be used in all subject areas?

Yes, concept questions can be used in all subject areas. They are a versatile tool that can be adjusted to fit the specific needs and topics of any subject or discipline.

Back