Need help on constants for Matlab nuke sim for uni project

In summary, the conversation is about a uni MATLAB group project for blast and thermal radius calculations. The equations used are r_thermal = Y^0.41 * constant_th, r_blast = Y^0.33 * constant_bl, and r_radiation = Y^0.19 * constant_rad. The constants, constant_th, constant_bl, and constant_rad, are unknown and the person has been unable to find them after two days of searching. The expected result is in metres and the equations are considered the gold standard for modelling nuclear detonation effects. The person also mentions contacting the US defence department for help.
MrAAK
Hey guys, I am currently working on a uni MATLAB group project for blast radius, thermal radius etc.
Apparently these formula are the best possible to use:

r_thermal = Y^0.41 * constant_th
r_blast = Y^0.33 * constant_bl
r_radiation = Y^0.19 * constant_rad

But can anybody tell me what constant_th, constant_bl & constant_rad are?
I've had no joy in 2 days of searching.
Any help would be appreciated!

The result I am expecting is to come out in metres (for radius).

The equations were found here, apparently they are the gold standard for modelling nuclear detonation effects.

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Nwfaq/Nfaq5.html

No worries, I called the US defence department, surprisingly helpful to an Irishman (real one, not American).
Cheers.

1. What is a constant in Matlab?

In Matlab, a constant is a value that remains the same throughout the execution of a program. It is typically declared at the beginning of the program and can be used in calculations or comparisons.

2. How do I declare a constant in Matlab?

To declare a constant in Matlab, you can use the "const" keyword followed by the constant name and its value. For example: const PI = 3.14;

3. Can I change the value of a constant in Matlab?

No, constants are immutable in Matlab, meaning their value cannot be changed once they are declared. If you need to change the value, consider using a variable instead.

4. Are there any built-in constants in Matlab?

Yes, Matlab has several built-in constants such as pi, eps, and inf. These can be used in calculations without having to declare them first.

5. How can I use constants in a nuclear simulation project in Matlab?

In a nuclear simulation project, constants can be used to represent physical properties such as the speed of light or the mass of an atom. These values can be declared and used in calculations to accurately simulate the behavior of a nuclear reaction.

Back