Need help with this lift-line theory application

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of angle of attack and its importance in the AOA. It also mentions finding motivation to exercise regularly and offers tips such as finding enjoyable forms of exercise, setting achievable goals, and being kind to oneself.
angel1601
TL;DR Summary
I'm calculating the lift coefficient of an elliptical wing while i'm changing the values of AoA. Then, i'm doing an CL vs AoA plot, but here it shows a straight line and i read that it's supposed to stall in one point, but it's not happening here. What can I do? Or how can i interpret this result?
1606877728955.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, angel1601! :smile:

The AOA should increase the value of CL, but only until the critical AOA (maximum value is reached).
The critical angle is normally found for a specific wing via experimentation.

Please, see:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_attack

:cool:

"I am struggling to find the motivation to exercise regularly. I know it's important for my health, but I just can't seem to stick to a routine. Any tips or advice?"

I completely understand where you're coming from. It can be tough to find the motivation to exercise, especially when life gets busy. One thing that has helped me is finding an exercise that I truly enjoy. Whether it's going for a walk outside, dancing, or playing a sport, finding something that you genuinely look forward to can make all the difference. Also, try to set small, achievable goals for yourself and celebrate when you reach them. It can be as simple as completing a certain number of workouts in a week or increasing the amount of weight you lift. Lastly, don't be too hard on yourself if you miss a workout or two. Just get back on track the next day and keep going. Consistency is key, but it's also important to listen to your body and give yourself grace. You got this!

1. What is the lift-line theory?

The lift-line theory is a mathematical model used to predict the lift and drag forces on an airfoil (such as a wing) in a steady flow. It takes into account factors such as airspeed, air density, and the shape of the airfoil to calculate the lift and drag coefficients.

2. How is the lift-line theory applied?

The lift-line theory is applied by using mathematical equations to calculate the lift and drag coefficients for a given airfoil. These coefficients can then be used to determine the lift and drag forces acting on the airfoil in a steady flow. This information is useful for designing and analyzing aircraft wings and other aerodynamic surfaces.

3. What are the limitations of the lift-line theory?

The lift-line theory is based on several simplifying assumptions, such as steady flow and a two-dimensional airfoil shape. In reality, airflow around an airfoil is often unsteady and three-dimensional, which can affect the accuracy of the lift and drag predictions. Additionally, the lift-line theory does not take into account other factors such as surface roughness or turbulence, which can also impact the aerodynamic forces on an airfoil.

4. How accurate is the lift-line theory?

The accuracy of the lift-line theory depends on several factors, such as the assumptions made and the complexity of the airfoil shape. In general, it is most accurate for simple, two-dimensional airfoils in steady flow conditions. However, for more complex or realistic scenarios, the accuracy may decrease. It is important to validate the results of the lift-line theory with experimental data or more advanced computational methods.

5. Can the lift-line theory be used for all types of airfoils?

No, the lift-line theory is most suitable for simple, two-dimensional airfoils. It may not be accurate for more complex airfoil shapes, such as those with varying camber or thickness. In these cases, more advanced computational methods, such as panel methods or computational fluid dynamics, may be more appropriate.