Need reliable electrical or mechanical 24hr timer

In summary, a 24hr timer is a device that automatically controls the on and off functions of an electrical or mechanical appliance within a set period of 24 hours. A reliable 24hr timer is necessary for energy savings and automation of daily tasks. It works through a clock mechanism and switch that activates the appliance at the designated time. It can be used for a variety of appliances and there are options available for outdoor use as well.
wannab
It needs to perform at least 50 cycles with a cumulative error of no more than [+\-] 30 minutes. This is for a home project.

Any suggestions of components?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Cumulative error over what period of time?

50*24 hours

I'm not sure I understand...why can't you use a clock (either electrical or mechanical)?

I would recommend considering using a digital timer with a built-in microcontroller and a precision crystal oscillator. This type of timer can provide accurate timekeeping and can be programmed to perform a specific number of cycles with minimal error. Additionally, using high-quality electrical and mechanical components can also help ensure reliable performance over a long period of time. It may also be beneficial to test the timer under different conditions and make adjustments as needed to ensure it meets the required specifications for your home project.

1. What is a 24hr timer?

A 24hr timer is a device that is used to automatically turn on or off an electrical or mechanical appliance after a set period of time, typically 24 hours.

2. Why do I need a reliable 24hr timer?

A reliable 24hr timer ensures that your appliance will turn on or off at the designated time, allowing you to save energy and automate your daily tasks.

3. How does a 24hr timer work?

A 24hr timer has a clock mechanism that keeps track of time and a switch that controls the flow of electricity to the appliance. When the designated time is reached, the switch is activated and the appliance turns on or off.

4. What types of appliances can a 24hr timer be used for?

A 24hr timer can be used for a wide range of electrical or mechanical appliances, such as lights, heaters, fans, pumps, and more.

5. Can I use a 24hr timer for outdoor appliances?

Yes, there are 24hr timers specifically designed for outdoor use. These timers are weatherproof and can withstand harsh outdoor conditions.