New 16oz Coke Bottle 6packs - Better for Your Health!

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary: You lot are so behind the times. I remember when we went metric in the 90s...ugh. I agree, those 20 oz bottles are just too big and nobody needs that much soda, though 16 oz is still a lot for one bottle. I just don't like that they're going to charge exactly the same amount for it. It's like those 6 oz cans that are just the perfect size for packing with a lunch, but they cost as much as the 12 oz cans.
Cyrus
Anyone else notice the new coke bottles sold in 6packs are now 16oz. I think its a good idea to reduce the size of sodas. I LOVE to drink soda dispite the fact that its so bad for you. I just love the taste of the stuff. I can drink a 2 liter in a day, easily if you gave me one. But I think reducing the size to 16oz is much more reasonable than 20oz. That way I don't drink as much soda and I don't throw away food if I don't finish.

I hope all bottles become 16oz, but I doubt it.

They looked exactly the same except the diameter was not as big.

Physics news on Phys.org
:smile: You're probably the only one to notice a company is selling you less product for the same price and to be happy about it. :smile:

I do agree, those 20 oz bottles are just too big and nobody needs that much soda, though 16 oz is still a lot for one bottle. I just don't like that they're going to charge exactly the same amount for it. It's like those 6 oz cans that are just the perfect size for packing with a lunch, but they cost as much as the 12 oz cans.

Moonbear said:
:smile: You're probably the only one to notice a company is selling you less product for the same price and to be happy about it. :smile:

I do agree, those 20 oz bottles are just too big and nobody needs that much soda, though 16 oz is still a lot for one bottle. I just don't like that they're going to charge exactly the same amount for it. It's like those 6 oz cans that are just the perfect size for packing with a lunch, but they cost as much as the 12 oz cans.

Well, it probably only costs 1 cent or 2, if that, to fill up the rest of a 12 oz. can. :devil:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39296

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_news2638.article.jpg

AHAHAH, you people are soooo buying me that for my birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those coolers?

Roxstar said:
Are those coolers?

No, its a hella lota soda baby.

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0004900000620_LG.jpg

My bad, 16.9 oz. I think the bottle actually looks better slimmer than the 20oz bottle.

I just realized that those things don't even exist!

Soda, ewww! I stopped drinking soda about four years ago (I now drink nothing but water). I had a can of Dr. Pepper last thanksgiving and I had to water it down to even make it drinkable, and my entire mouth felt nasty for the next few days. That stuff is nasty and bad for you!
cyrusabdollahi said:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39296

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_news2638.article.jpg

AHAHAH, you people are soooo buying me that for my birthday.
LMAO! Awesome.

"The three-liter didn't fail because it was too big, but because it was not big enough," Coca-Cola CEO Vic Hertner said. "With our new 30-liter size, that won't be a problem. Two liters is nothing. I could urinate two liters for you right now. But 30 liters? That's untouchable."

Oh my god what? They reduced the size? I'm disappointed personally.

And since when was Diet Coke bad for you? Or Coke for that matter. I only drink diet because I prefer aspertame's taste over sugar actually.

cyrusabdollahi said:
My bad, 16.9 oz.

That's a half liter. Coke must be going metric.

Makes sense. They have 1L,2L and 20oz. Now its 0.5,1L,2L and 30L.

How many ounces in 7-11's Super Big Gulp? I remember finishing off that in two hours, then back to the store for its sidekick, the 48-ounce Big Gulp.

Its 44oz.

You should get a double gulp, 1.9 liters. :smile:

Loren Booda said:
How many ounces in 7-11's Super Big Gulp? I remember finishing off that in two hours, then back to the store for its sidekick, the 48-ounce Big Gulp.
Guess you saw the bathroom a few times then eh?

Moonbear said:
I do agree, those 20 oz bottles are just too big and nobody needs that much soda, though 16 oz is still a lot for one bottle.

I buy 1 liter bottles of coke for my breaks at work sometimes :rolleyes: Sometimes...

EDIT: You've never seen the 500mL bottles before (16.9oz = 500mL)? We've had them forever at our store. I don't like them at all. I like the 20oz or 1 liter bottles.

Last edited:
i'm so with 20 Liters, the 2 Liter bottle just vanishes quickly, especially while working on a pc...and i don't want to start smoking until the doctors forbid me to drink soda :)

When are you lot going to get to grips with the metric system?!

The 500ml size Coke seems to taste the worst. 250ml glass bottles are best, then 330ml cans, then 2 litre bottles. I remember the 3 litre bottles not fitting in a fridge door.

Ahh I love Coke.

moose said:
I buy 1 liter bottles of coke for my breaks at work sometimes :rolleyes: Sometimes...

EDIT: You've never seen the 500mL bottles before (16.9oz = 500mL)? We've had them forever at our store. I don't like them at all. I like the 20oz or 1 liter bottles.

Nope, not as far as I know. But then, I really don't like Coke much and drink Pepsi when I have a choice. I'd be happy for them to reduce the size of the bottles, because the 20 oz size is the only size our cafeteria sells, and if I start drinking it, I finish it. :redface: That's just SOOOOOOO much sugar. I can't stand the taste of diet drinks, so would never choose diet Coke. The other thing I've noticed in recent years is that the bottles just don't keep their fizz anymore. You used to be able to open a bottle, pour a glass, close the bottle and stick it back in the fridge and still have fizzy soda for a few days (except that last glassful out of the 2 L bottles, which is always flat). I've tried that with the 20 oz bottles, just pouring out a cup and putting the rest in the fridge for the next day, and it's always flat. It seems that once you break the security seal on it, you can never close it tight enough again to keep the fizz from escaping. :frown:

The look of the 30L bottle makes me vomit.

The main problem I see with the large volume (besides diabetes and peeing liters) is loss of carbonation. Its a conspiracy!

Loren Booda said:
The main problem I see with the large volume (besides diabetes and peeing liters) is loss of carbonation. Its a conspiracy!

Sugar doesn't cause diabetes directly. You can drink Coca-Cola everyday for your whole life without the risk of getting diabetes from it. Of course, there are other problems you can get, but not from the sugar itself.

http://www.healthcastle.com/sugar-diabetes.shtml

You can find many links.

http://msucares.com/health/nutrition/nutrifaq23.html
http://health.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=120426
http://www.thedietchannel.com/AskTh...Diabetes-causes-Does-Sugar-cause-diabetes.htm
http://www.indiadiets.com/myths/Myth%20details/sugar_causes_diabetes.htm

And so on...

I used to drink Diet Coke, it tastes much better than regular coke, and Pepsi is way too sweet for me, but for the last few years about the only soda I drink is Fresca.

On the Navajo Reservation, folks have trouble getting good water. They have to haul it long distances in barrels. With the advent of food stamps, buying canned soda, usually coke, became a de facto standard for something clean to drink.

The rate for type II diabetes reported there in 1980 was less than 2% of adults. In 2000, ~30%, and PHS models predicted levels like those on the Papago Reservation ( circa 65% ) by 2020.

Of course there are a lot of other factors contributing to developing type II...

jim mcnamara said:
On the Navajo Reservation, folks have trouble getting good water. They have to haul it long distances in barrels. With the advent of food stamps, buying canned soda, usually coke, became a de facto standard for something clean to drink.

This is a devastating fact.

I'm happy to live in a country with high quality water. (Then again, I'm unhappy to live in a country which doesn't seem to be able to take advantage of that fact.)

I love Coke. I buy those small size 100 calorie cans.
184689532_5a6ecc0c98_m.jpg

Math Is Hard said:
I love Coke. I buy those small size 100 calorie cans.
184689532_5a6ecc0c98_m.jpg

They cost more than a normal 6-pack. I would have to drink all of them!

My diet preferences: diet, caffeine-free Dr. Pepper; diet Canada Dry Gingerale, sugar-free Tropicana lemonade; Fresca (including new flavors); Sprite Zero.

A medicine I have to take (Zyprexa) may cause diabetes.

Pepsi for me :) Actually I switch every other week, it doesn't really matter I like both coke and pepsi. Unfortunately I don't like the taste of diet, though. :(

I only drink Minute Maid Cranberry Juice, Pomegrante Juice (from some weird place), Low Acid Old South Orange Juice and Milk. I'll have soda when I go out and that's about it.

I had some Pomegranite(sp?) Juice once, very tasty, but a bit too expensive for me. It was like $5CA (~$4 US) for 250ml :eek:. Orange juice is the best. :)

JasonRox said:
I only drink Minute Maid Cranberry Juice, Pomegrante Juice (from some weird place), Low Acid Old South Orange Juice and Milk. I'll have soda when I go out and that's about it.

Your Minute made has high fructose corn syrup. The same bad for you junk in my pepsi, buddy. You also have 30g of sugar per serving, 2 grams more than my bottle of pepsi sitting infront of me.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Your Minute made has high fructose corn syrup. The same bad for you junk in my pepsi, buddy. You also have 30g of sugar per serving, 2 grams more than my bottle of pepsi sitting infront of me.

Um... I never said anything about people drinking soda. Plus, sugar doesn't really bother. It's more the acid.

I have no idea where you're coming with this. I just mentionned what I drink.

dontdisturbmycircles said:
I had some Pomegranite(sp?) Juice once, very tasty, but a bit too expensive for me. It was like $5CA (~$4 US) for 250ml :eek:. Orange juice is the best. :)

Yeah, it is expensive. What I do is fill half the glass with it and the other half with water.

This brings me back to Cyrus' comments. I buy frozen juice and add about 40-50% extra water, so in fact I have less sugar!

Note: One time I just ate the frozen can. So freaking good! I won't do it again though... well... maybe.

Also, when I go to the movies, I get the largest coke cup, which is who knows how big. That's the bad part. The bad part is that I refill it!

Last edited:
JasonRox said:
Um... I never said anything about people drinking soda. Plus, sugar doesn't really bother. It's more the acid.

I have no idea where you're coming with this. I just mentionned what I drink.

Im the soda nazi, NO SODA FOR YOU!

Related to New 16oz Coke Bottle 6packs - Better for Your Health!

1. How is the new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack better for your health?

The new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack is better for your health because it contains smaller portion sizes, helping to limit your sugar and calorie intake. It also encourages moderation in consumption, which can lead to better overall health.

2. Is the new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack still made with the same ingredients?

Yes, the new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack is still made with the same ingredients as the regular 12oz bottles. The only difference is the smaller portion size.

3. Will the new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack cost more than the regular 12oz bottles?

The pricing for the new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack will vary depending on location and retailer. However, it is not expected to cost significantly more than the regular 12oz bottles.

4. Can I recycle the new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack?

Yes, the new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack is made from recyclable materials and can be recycled just like the regular 12oz bottles.

5. Will the new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack be available in all stores?

The new 16oz Coke bottle 6pack will be gradually rolled out to stores nationwide. It may not be available in all stores immediately, but it will eventually be widely available.