New Chip Company coming to Kansas

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    company
In summary, a company has announced plans to invest $1.9 billion in a computer chip manufacturing facility in Burlington, Kansas. The facility is expected to create 1,200 jobs and is seen as a growing trend for manufacturers to expand outside of Asia. The choice of Burlington has raised questions due to its distance from major airports, but it does have a small airport that could potentially be upgraded.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Likes Borg, mcastillo356, Astronuc and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice, that's good news. It's definitely starting to be a trend for IC manufacturers to add production facilities in places other than Asia because of instabilities in that region.

Last edited:
Likes BillTre and dlgoff
Kansas has pretty girls. :wink:

I wonder why they picked Burlington (which I had to look up). 1200 jobs is one per household. That's a lot. And it's not really near any major airports - Topeka, and then Wichita, Kansas City, Manhattan etc. are twice as far.

I agree that the issues of building in Asia have come into sharper focus recently.

Likes dlgoff
Vanadium 50 said:
And it's not really near any major airports
It looks like Burlington does have a small airport, which I'm sure they could upgrade if desired. Good thing they didn't pick Linders IMO, just sayin'... :smile:

Burlington Airport.png

https://www.google.com/maps/search/airports+near+Burlington++kansas/@38.5602068,-96.1547659,8.29z

• Informative
Likes dlgoff
Vanadium 50 said:
Kansas has pretty girls. :wink:
I know that's right.

Likes berkeman

1. What is the name of the new chip company coming to Kansas?

The name of the new chip company coming to Kansas has not been officially announced yet. However, rumors suggest that it could be a well-known tech giant or a startup with innovative technology.

2. When will the new chip company start operations in Kansas?

The exact date of when the new chip company will start operations in Kansas is also unknown at this time. It depends on various factors such as obtaining necessary permits, setting up infrastructure, and hiring employees. We will update the public as soon as an official announcement is made.

3. What type of chips will the new company produce?

The type of chips that the new company will produce is also not confirmed. However, it is likely that they will produce a variety of chips for different industries such as computer processors, graphics cards, and mobile devices.

4. Will the new chip company bring job opportunities to Kansas?

Yes, the new chip company is expected to bring job opportunities to Kansas. They will need to hire employees for various positions such as engineers, technicians, and administrative staff. This will not only benefit the company but also the local economy.

5. How will the new chip company impact the local economy in Kansas?

The new chip company is expected to have a positive impact on the local economy in Kansas. It will bring job opportunities, attract other businesses, and stimulate economic growth. The company may also contribute to the community through philanthropic initiatives and partnerships with local organizations.

Back