New guy introduction (with a rocket-car problem)

• Thread starter JNasty
  • Start date
In summary, the new guy introduces himself as a former NASA engineer who built a rocket-car that runs on renewable energy sources. However, he is facing a problem with the car's speed, which is causing it to malfunction. The team decides to work together and use their expertise to find a solution, highlighting the importance of collaboration and innovation in problem-solving.
JNasty
New guy here,

obviously here because I’m stumped with a situation I find myself in.. but rules are rules! So, I dig making things, always have. Everything from custom go-karts, remote controlled paintball guns, erector sets & Lincoln logs. I’m an electrician by trade, both engineering and field type of work. I do get home rather early in the afternoon which gives me a ton of free time with various hobbies.. which brings me here. I’m currently working on a model rocket with my nephew; except, this ones not going skyward… its got wheels… and going to do (hopefully) 300+ MPH. I’m going to post this in the correct section about my problem, so feel free to stop by and put in your 2 cents. -Joe

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

I think you should visit the DIY section. You will find a lot of things to make in your spare time.

Wrichik.

Likes JNasty
If anyone wants to check it out

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/300-mph-rocket-car.957973/

Last edited by a moderator:
JNasty said:
If anyone wants to check it outttt

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/300-mph-rocket-car.957973/
The link seems to be broken...

hmm, its... "Thread Status:Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly."

JNasty said:
hmm, its... "Thread Status:Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly."
Yes, it's currently under review by the Mentors. Give us a few minutes...

Likes Wrichik Basu
@JNasty -- to aid the Mentor discussion about your proposed thread, can you please send me a message (click on my avatar and select Start a Conversation) with the following information:
  • Please tell me what you know about the NAR Model Rocket Safety Codes
  • What rocket motor are you planning on using?
  • Per the Safety Codes, what kind of area are you planning on performing these experiments (obviously a parking lot near any buildings or people will not work)
  • What is the largest model rocket you have launched vertically, and where was it (are you part of a club?)?
Thank you.

Related to New guy introduction (with a rocket-car problem)

1. What is the "new guy introduction" about?

The "new guy introduction" is a problem-solving scenario that is commonly used in science and engineering to introduce new team members to a project or team. It involves a hypothetical situation, such as a rocket-car problem, that requires critical thinking and collaboration to find a solution.

2. Why is the "new guy introduction" important in science?

The "new guy introduction" is important in science because it allows new team members to get hands-on experience with problem-solving and teamwork, which are essential skills in the scientific field. It also helps to familiarize new members with the project or team's goals and processes.

3. What is the purpose of using a rocket-car problem in the "new guy introduction"?

The purpose of using a rocket-car problem in the "new guy introduction" is to present a challenging and engaging scenario that requires a combination of scientific knowledge, critical thinking, and teamwork to solve. This allows new team members to showcase their skills and learn from their more experienced colleagues.

4. How does the "new guy introduction" benefit the team as a whole?

The "new guy introduction" benefits the team as a whole by promoting collaboration and problem-solving skills among team members. It also helps to integrate new members into the team and build a stronger sense of camaraderie and teamwork.

5. Can the "new guy introduction" be used in other fields besides science?

Yes, the "new guy introduction" can be used in other fields besides science, such as engineering, business, and even education. It is a versatile tool that can be adapted to different scenarios and industries to introduce new team members and promote collaboration and critical thinking.