Nuclear Fission Equations and Fragments

In summary, the conversation was about finding nuclear fission equations related to 235u and the lack of information on how to determine the stability of the fragments and the thermal energy created. The person asking for help also provided an example but was unsure about the energy released in the equation. The response suggested looking up the masses of the nuclei to calculate the energy released and also mentioned that there are more reactions than just splitting to Xe+Sr.
Oguzhan

Homework Statement

Our instructor asked to find 6 nuclear fission equations related to 235u. I found only 1-2 example. But none of them has shown the steps about fragments to be stable and thermal energy created in that equation. I know it was a mistake. Please help me out.
DSC_4745.JPG

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Here's an example of what I've found in online. But I can't find how much energy released in this equation.
DSC_4748.JPG

Physics news on Phys.org
You can look up the masses of the nuclei and calculate the energy released based on them.
There are more reactions than splitting to Xe+Sr, and I'm sure you can find more examples in the internet.

1. What is nuclear fission?

Nuclear fission is a process in which an atom's nucleus splits into two or more smaller nuclei, releasing a large amount of energy in the form of heat and radiation.

2. How is energy released during nuclear fission?

During nuclear fission, the bonds between the particles that make up the atom's nucleus are broken, resulting in a release of energy in the form of heat and radiation.

3. What are fission equations?

Fission equations are mathematical representations of the nuclear reactions that occur during the process of nuclear fission. They show the initial reactants, the resulting fragments, and the energy released.

4. How do scientists use fission equations?

Scientists use fission equations to understand and predict the outcomes of nuclear reactions, as well as to design and analyze nuclear reactors and nuclear weapons.

5. What are fission fragments?

Fission fragments are the smaller nuclei that are produced when an atom's nucleus splits during nuclear fission. These fragments can vary in size and composition, depending on the atom that undergoes fission.