How Many Baseball Cards Could Each Person Have Received at the Stadium?

It asks for the "greatest possible number" of cards, but does not specify if it means the greatest number of cards that each person received or the greatest number of cards that could be evenly divided between the two groups.
mathdad
On a Saturday, a minor league baseball team gave away baseball cards to each person entering the stadium. One group received 28 baseball cards. A second group received 68 baseball cards. If each person entering the stadium received the same number of cards. What was the greatest possible number of baseball cards that each person could have received?

My Work:

Goup A = 28 cards

Group B = 68 cards

Group A + Group B = 96 cards

I asked myself: What is the biggest number that evenly divides 28, 68, and 96?

The answer is 4. So, each person received 4 cards.

Right?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Why do you think it might be wrong?

greg1313 said:
Why do you think it might be wrong?

Two reasons why I think my answer may be wrong:

1. I am horrible in terms of word problems.

2. The question is not worded clearly.

What is the significance of the number of baseball cards?

The number of baseball cards can indicate the popularity and demand for specific players, teams, or sets. It can also reflect the value and rarity of certain cards.

How is the number of baseball cards determined?

The number of baseball cards is determined by the manufacturer or company producing the cards. They may choose to limit the production of certain cards to increase their value or produce a larger quantity of popular players' cards.

Is the number of baseball cards consistent across all sets and years?

No, the number of baseball cards can vary greatly depending on the set and year. Some sets may have a larger number of cards due to including more players or including special inserts, while others may have a smaller number of cards with a focus on higher quality or limited edition cards.

How does the number of baseball cards affect their value?

In general, a lower number of baseball cards in circulation can increase their value due to scarcity. However, the value of a card also depends on other factors such as condition, demand, and historical significance.

Can the number of baseball cards change over time?

Yes, the number of baseball cards in circulation can change over time due to factors such as damage, loss, or new cards being discovered. Additionally, as players retire or new players enter the league, the number of cards for each player may also change.