Numbers and systems a way of storing states of energy

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of the number line and its relation to energy storage. It suggests that inputting figures into the number line can represent a quantified amount of energy being sent into a network, and that this energy can bounce around based on the resistance it encounters within the system. The comparison is made to how a computer uses virtual memory states to solve complex problems.
genphis
i was looking at the number line and its various axis and thought, this is a system for storing states of energy. whereupon when we input figures we actually send a quantified amount of energy into the network and the energy is bounce around according to the resistance it meets within the system ie equations that reduce or amplify the original input. is this a fair analogy of the number system we use. i was comparing it to how a computer creates virtual memory states to process extended problems which require various comparative computations.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I cannot make heads or tails of this. I know what a number line is but I have no idea what "various axes" you are talking about. A number line is a set of numbers. Certainly you can a number to energy and, in that sense "store" it on the number line. I have no idea what you can mean, either mathematically or physically, by energy "bouncing around". As near as I can tell, everything you say reduces to "we can use numbers to keep track of energy". That's certainly true! We can use numbers to keep track of just about anything!

Related to Numbers and systems a way of storing states of energy

1. What are numbers and systems?

Numbers and systems are fundamental concepts in mathematics and science. Numbers are symbols used to represent quantities, while systems are a way of organizing and manipulating those quantities. In the context of storing states of energy, numbers and systems refer to the different ways we can measure and represent the amount of energy in a system.

2. Why is it important to have a way of storing states of energy?

Having a way of storing states of energy is crucial in understanding and predicting the behavior of physical systems. By quantifying and organizing energy states, we can make accurate calculations and predictions about how a system will behave under different conditions. This is essential in fields such as physics, engineering, and chemistry.

3. What are some examples of systems used to store states of energy?

There are many different systems used to store states of energy, depending on the specific type of energy being measured. Some examples include the Kelvin and Celsius scales for temperature, the joule and calorie for heat energy, and the watt and horsepower for power. In more complex systems, such as quantum mechanics, mathematical models are used to represent energy states.

4. How do numbers and systems relate to each other in the context of energy storage?

Numbers and systems are closely related in the context of energy storage. Numbers are used to represent the quantities of energy in a system, while systems provide a framework for organizing and manipulating those quantities. For example, the Celsius scale is a system for measuring temperature, and the numbers on that scale represent different states of thermal energy.

5. Are there any limitations to using numbers and systems for storing states of energy?

While numbers and systems are powerful tools for understanding and quantifying energy states, they do have some limitations. For instance, some systems may not be able to accurately measure extremely large or small quantities of energy, and different systems may have different levels of precision. Additionally, numbers and systems do not always account for factors such as uncertainty or randomness in energy states.