NY Times Slide Show of Reader's GM Cars

In summary, the conversation discusses the decline of American car companies, specifically GM, and the memories and experiences associated with cars. The lack of understanding of consumer preferences and failure to keep up with technological advancements ultimately led to the downfall of GM.
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice shots. I think everyone has a pic or two like these in the family photo album.

I enjoyed seeing them. I have a lot of great memories centered around cars.

So long GM and American cars in general ... my first love was the Ford Taurus ... got to ride in it while in a friends car at England at the age of seven ( at least I'm pretty certain that it was a Ford ) , the ride was seamless - the car did not make any noise - and I loved the power windows , it was truly a luxury car. The problem with GM is that they did not seem to understand that Americans hated going to mechanics e.g. Just Brakes and they either were too preoccupied with all of the venues with which they could generate profits all the while ignoring the complaints or they just were not able to generate the technology on the level of Toyota and Honda.

Never a better time for them to go bust.

Related to NY Times Slide Show of Reader's GM Cars

1. What is the purpose of the NY Times Slide Show of Reader's GM Cars?

The purpose of the NY Times Slide Show of Reader's GM Cars is to showcase the variety and uniqueness of GM cars owned by readers of the New York Times. It allows readers to share their personal experiences and opinions on their GM vehicles.

2. How were the GM cars featured in the slide show selected?

The GM cars featured in the slide show were selected based on submissions from readers of the New York Times. Readers were asked to share photos and information about their GM cars, and a selection of the most interesting and diverse entries were chosen for the slide show.

3. Can anyone submit their GM car to be featured in the slide show?

Yes, anyone can submit their GM car to be considered for the slide show. The New York Times encourages readers to share their experiences with their GM cars, regardless of the model or year.

4. Are the opinions and experiences of the GM car owners in the slide show representative of all GM car owners?

No, the opinions and experiences of the GM car owners featured in the slide show are not representative of all GM car owners. The slide show is simply a platform for readers to share their personal experiences and opinions on their vehicles.

5. Is the NY Times Slide Show of Reader's GM Cars endorsed by GM or the New York Times?

No, the NY Times Slide Show of Reader's GM Cars is not endorsed by GM or the New York Times. It is a reader-submitted feature and does not reflect the opinions or endorsement of either company.