Operation of this hydraulic circuit?

In summary, the circuit is driven by an electric motor E (M) that powers pumps D and creates a pressure difference between two lines, which is limited by relief valves B & C. These lines drive the hydraulic motor A, which is able to control its speed through the use of check valves and adjustable flow restrictors (F). However, the only speed control for the circuit is through these restrictors, meaning that the hydraulic motor A will only go as fast as the electric motor E allows with no additional speed control.
Keeeen
Q6 circuit.PNG

Can anyone explain the operation of this circuit? I'm finding it hard to understand hydraulic circuits, like where is the source of fluid coming from? I know what all the components are and what they do. It's just trying to understand how it actually operates.

Attachments

• Q6 circuit.PNG
    Q6 circuit.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,082
Engineering news on Phys.org
As I read it:
You have electric motor E (M) driving pumps D into two lines. The difference in pressure between those lines is limited by relief valves B & C. Those lines are driving the hydraulic motor A. Pressure is drained from the lines through the check valve and adjustable flow restrictors (F).

.Scott said:
As I read it:
You have electric motor E (M) driving pumps D into two lines. The difference in pressure between those lines is limited by relief valves B & C. Those lines are driving the hydraulic motor A. Pressure is drained from the lines through the check valve and adjustable flow restrictors (F).

That's more or less how I see it, thanks for the reply!

.Scott said:
As I read it:
Can you see any limitations of speed control with this circuit? Will the hydraulic motor A only go as fast as the the electric motor E allows with no speed control at all?

Keeeen said:
Can you see any limitations of speed control with this circuit? Will the hydraulic motor A only go as fast as the the electric motor E allows with no speed control at all?
The only speed control I see is with those restrictor valves. If everything is set up symmetrically, then the hydraulic motor will not move. If you open the restrictor valve on the left and close the one on the right, the hydraulic motor will turn one way. If you close the right and open the left, it will turn the other.

1. How does a hydraulic system work?

A hydraulic system uses fluid to transmit power from one point to another. It consists of a pump, a motor or cylinder, and connecting pipes. The pump pushes the fluid through the pipes to the motor or cylinder, which converts the fluid's pressure into motion.

2. What are the main components of a hydraulic circuit?

The main components of a hydraulic circuit include a pump, valves, actuators (such as cylinders or motors), and connecting pipes. Some circuits may also have filters, accumulators, and other specialized components.

3. What is the purpose of a relief valve in a hydraulic circuit?

A relief valve is used to protect the hydraulic system from overpressure. It is typically set to open when the system pressure reaches a certain level, allowing excess fluid to flow out and preventing damage to the system.

4. How do you troubleshoot a malfunctioning hydraulic circuit?

The first step in troubleshooting a malfunctioning hydraulic circuit is to check for any visible leaks or damaged components. Then, check the fluid level and quality, as well as the pressure and temperature of the system. If the issue cannot be identified, it may be necessary to use a diagnostic tool or consult a professional.

5. What are some common maintenance tasks for a hydraulic circuit?

Regular maintenance tasks for a hydraulic circuit include checking and replacing the fluid, inspecting and replacing filters, and checking for leaks. It is also important to regularly check the system's pressure and temperature, and to follow any manufacturer-recommended maintenance schedules.