Optoelectronics and Imaging Researcher

• Thread starter GeorgeX45
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Imaging
In summary, an optoelectronics and imaging researcher is a professional who specializes in the development and improvement of optical and electronic devices used for imaging and sensing purposes. This field involves the use of light and other forms of electromagnetic radiation to capture, process, and analyze images and data. These researchers work in a variety of industries, including healthcare, telecommunications, and manufacturing, and are constantly exploring new technologies and applications for their work. With the rapid advancement of technology, the demand for optoelectronics and imaging researchers is expected to continue to grow in the coming years.
GeorgeX45
Worked with visible, infrared and multispectral imaging systems. Developed image based and laser ranging based 3D imaging systems and associated data analysis systems for CSIRO (Australia). The image based system (essentially SFM) was commercially released as Sirovision. Subsequently broadened 3D imaging into using lidar as well and fusing SFM and lidar.
Now working on medical applications of 3D imaging.

Physics news on Phys.org
Semi-retired so I have some scope to assist in those areas that I have some experience.

Welcome to the PF, George. Amazing background -- great to have you here! :smile:

Welcome to PF!
I'm actually an undergrad working on my opto-electronics degree right now!