Orangescrum not installing in Centos 7?

In summary, Orangescrum is not currently compatible with Centos 7, making installation on this operating system difficult. This issue has been reported by users and is being addressed by the Orangescrum team. As a workaround, users may need to install Orangescrum on a different operating system or wait for a resolution from the developers.
Brief-Wishbone
TL;DR Summary
Orangescrum not installing in Centos 7?
The official tutorial for automated installation of centos 7 doesn't work. So, I had to refer to online tutorials.

I installed apache 2.4,php 7.2, mysql 5.7.
Then I downloaded .zip source code from here

https://github.com/Orangescrum/orangescrum.
Then, I setup some permissions and ownership as per documentation.
Code:
    $ sudo mv ~/orangescrum-main /var/www/html && sudo chown root:root -R /var/www/html
    $ sudo chmod -R 0777 /var/www/html/orangescrum-main/{app/Config,app/tmp,app/webroot}

Then I setup a virtual host orangescrum.conf in /etc/httpd/conf.d.
Code:
  <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName orangescrum.example.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/orangescrum-main
    <Directory /var/www/html/orangescrum-main>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
    </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

Then I created mysql database
Code:
  CREATE DATABASE orangescrum;
    CREATE USER 'orangescrumuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON orangescrum.* TO 'orangescrumuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION;
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
    EXIT;
Then I imported the database.

Code:
    $ mysql -u root -p orangescrum < /var/www/html/orangescrum-main/database.sql
Then I updated orangescrum credentials inside `/var/www/html/orangescrum-1.6.1/app/Config/database.php`

Code:
 'login' => 'orangescrumuser',
    'password' => 'yourpassword',
    'database' => 'orangescrum',

But it's not working and I'm getting the below output when I enter my ip address in browser.How do I fix this issue? Is there a way?

http://i.stack.imgur.com/7FQg1.png

Technology news on Phys.org
Brief-Wishbone said:
How do I fix this issue? Is there a way?
I wouldn't call this as an "issue", you just haven't configured Apache to serve PHP files. There are better places to learn how to do this stuff than PhysicsForums.

pbuk said:
I wouldn't call this as an "issue", you just haven't configured Apache to serve PHP files. There are better places to learn how to do this stuff than PhysicsForums.
Any suggestions for places?

I've tried all tutorials at least five times. None of them work.

pbuk said:
you just haven't configured Apache to serve PHP files
Have you fixed this?

If so, how do you know?
If not, how much progress do you think you are going to make?

Is your Apache server configured to load index.php file by default? (I'm assuming this is the file you have in your /app/webroot/ folder.)

See the DirectoryIndex directive for more info.

Just adding this filename to your request should also work.

1. Why is Orangescrum not installing in Centos 7?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that the installation process was not followed correctly. Another possibility is that there are compatibility issues with the version of Centos 7 or other software on the system. It is also possible that there are server configuration issues that are preventing the installation.

2. What are the system requirements for installing Orangescrum on Centos 7?

The recommended system requirements for installing Orangescrum on Centos 7 include a minimum of 2GB RAM, 20GB free disk space, and a 64-bit operating system. It is also recommended to have a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack installed.

3. How can I troubleshoot the installation issue for Orangescrum on Centos 7?

First, ensure that the installation process was followed correctly. If the issue persists, check for any compatibility issues with the version of Centos 7 or other software on the system. It may also be helpful to check the server logs for any errors or consult the Orangescrum documentation for troubleshooting steps.

4. Is there a specific order in which the dependencies for Orangescrum on Centos 7 should be installed?

Yes, it is recommended to install the dependencies in the following order: Apache, MySQL, PHP, and then Orangescrum itself. This ensures that all the necessary components are installed and configured properly.

5. Are there any alternative installation methods for Orangescrum on Centos 7?

Yes, there are alternative methods such as using a Docker image or installing with Softaculous. These methods may require less technical knowledge and can be faster and easier to set up. However, it is important to ensure that the chosen method is compatible with the system and meets the recommended system requirements.