Paid Internships in Lasers & Electro Optics

In summary, a student of Master of Technology in Applied Physics from India is seeking suggestions for industry or R&D lab internships in USA or Europe/Australia specializing in Lasers & Electro Optics. Financial support for 3-6 months is also desired. One potential option may be universities that have telescopes and related facilities, such as Caltech.
Yash Mathur
Hi All,

I am a student of Master of Technology course in Applied Physics, specializing in Lasers & Electro Optics from, India.
As part of the curriculum of the course, I have to do internship in an industry or a R&D Lab working in Lasers & Electro Optics.
I would be highly grateful to you all, if you can suggest me some industry or R&D lab in USA or Europe/Australia, which accepts indian students as interns for 3-6 months and provide financial support also.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yash Mathur said:
Hi All,

I am a student of Master of Technology course in Applied Physics, specializing in Lasers & Electro Optics from, India.
As part of the curriculum of the course, I have to do internship in an industry or a R&D Lab working in Lasers & Electro Optics.
I would be highly grateful to you all, if you can suggest me some industry or R&D lab in USA or Europe/Australia, which accepts indian students as interns for 3-6 months and provide financial support also.

Thanks!

You might be asking for too much, I don't know of any programs here that will run through all the student visa paperwork and provide a paid internship. Your best bet would be to look at universities that run telescopes and their facilities, like Caltech.

Likes billy_joule
hey thanks buddy:smile:

1. What is a paid internship in lasers and electro optics?

A paid internship in lasers and electro optics is a temporary job opportunity that allows individuals to gain hands-on experience in the field of lasers and electro optics while receiving monetary compensation for their work. These internships typically involve working with professionals in the industry and may include tasks such as conducting research, performing experiments, and assisting with projects.

2. How can I find paid internships in lasers and electro optics?

There are several ways to find paid internships in lasers and electro optics. You can search online job portals, company websites, or industry-specific job boards. Networking with professionals in the field and attending career fairs can also be helpful in finding internship opportunities. Additionally, reaching out to companies directly and inquiring about internship programs can also lead to potential opportunities.

3. What are the benefits of participating in a paid internship in lasers and electro optics?

Participating in a paid internship in lasers and electro optics can provide numerous benefits, such as gaining hands-on experience in the field, developing technical skills, building a professional network, and receiving monetary compensation for your work. It can also give you a competitive edge in the job market and help you determine if a career in this field is the right fit for you.

4. Is previous experience required for a paid internship in lasers and electro optics?

While having previous experience in lasers and electro optics may be beneficial, it is not always required for a paid internship. Many companies offer internships to students or recent graduates who are interested in the field and have a strong academic background in science or engineering. Additionally, some internships may provide training and on-the-job learning opportunities.

5. Can a paid internship in lasers and electro optics lead to a full-time job?

Yes, a paid internship in lasers and electro optics can potentially lead to a full-time job. Many companies use internships as a way to identify talented individuals who may be a good fit for their organization. If you perform well and make a good impression during your internship, you may be offered a full-time position or be considered for future job openings within the company.