Paid Subscription Expiry Notice

• Thread starter Petek
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed an email reminder to renew a paid subscription to PF and the wording of the email, which could be misleading and reminiscent of phishing emails. It was suggested to replace the statement with a clearer one about losing benefits as a contributor. The issue was acknowledged and will be addressed. The conversation also briefly touched on the user's Pre-Raphaelite avatar and the potential for a "Lord of Leek" or "Chevalier de Chive" avatar.
Petek
Gold Member
I received an email reminding me to renew my paid subscription to PF and I did so. However, I found the wording of the email to be slightly misleading. The relevant portion stated:
If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

This statement could lead one to believe that an individual who didn't renew would no longer be able to read or post on the forums. I don't think that's the case. Also, the above statement reminds me of typical phishing emails ("If you don't click on the below link, access to your bank account will be removed."). In fact, my first thought when reading the email was that it was a phishing attempt.

I suggest that the statement quoted above be replaced by a sentence similar to:

If you do not extend your subscription, you will lose the benefits enjoyed by PF Contributors.

Physics news on Phys.org
Petek said:
I suggest that the statement quoted above be replaced by a sentence similar to:

If you do not extend your subscription, you will lose the benefits enjoyed by PF Contributors.

You're absolutely right! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is stock content that I never thought to check out. We'll change it shortly, thanks!

Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Edit: Greg was faster than I was.

@Evo
Having seen your lovely Pre-Raphaelite avatar (Lady of Shallot? ) I am almost tempted to go for it.

sophiecentaur said:
@Evo
Having seen your lovely Pre-Raphaelite avatar (Lady of Shallot? ) I am almost tempted to go for it.
Yes, Lady of Shallot.

Is there an avatar for Lord of Leek? If not, I'd settle for Chevalier de Chive.:tongue2:

We are beset with Philstines on this thread. Also, she's pretty hot.

1. What is a "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice"?

A "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice" is a notification sent to a subscriber when their paid subscription is about to expire. It serves as a reminder to the subscriber to renew their subscription in order to continue accessing the paid content or services.

2. How do I receive a "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice"?

A "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice" is typically sent via email to the subscriber's registered email address. The notice may also be available in the subscriber's account on the subscription platform or website.

3. When will I receive a "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice"?

The timing of the "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice" may vary depending on the subscription platform or website. However, it is usually sent a few days or weeks before the subscription is set to expire.

4. Can I renew my subscription after receiving a "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice"?

Yes, you can renew your subscription after receiving a "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice". The notice serves as a reminder to renew your subscription before it expires, but you can still renew it after the expiration date.

5. What happens if I don't renew my subscription after receiving a "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice"?

If you don't renew your subscription after receiving the notice, your access to the paid content or services will expire. You may have to purchase a new subscription to continue accessing the content or services.