Suspicious Spam Emails from PF?

• Thread starter gmax137
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses receiving two emails from PF notifying about a new response in a thread the person is subscribed to, however, there is actually no new response. The content of the emails is spam and the user who posted it was eventually banned. The person is unsure if the issue is with PF or the sender's email.
gmax137
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
I just received two emails from PF that look like the regular notifications of a new response in a thread I'm subscribed to - but there is no new response within PF. The portion of the response in the email is crap like this:

Here is the message that has just been posted:
1. Hi, this is George. I’m sorry I can’t answer the phone right now. Leave a message, and then wait by your phone until I call you back. 2. Hello, you’ve reached Jim and Sonya. We can’t pick up the phone right now, because we’re doing something we really enjoy. Sonya likes doing it up and down, and I like doing it left to right, real slowly. So leave a message, and when we’re done brushing our teeth, we’ll get back to you.3. I’m sorry, I’ve been trying to break the record for “the most calls missed” if it’s a emergency, please hold on till the record is broken. And I will call you back. Read more: http://www.ghdhairworlds.com/

Both of these said the new response was in the Nuclear Engineering forum, and was posted by 'cdef611' I don't know if there's a problem here at PF, or maybe with cdef611's email.

Physics news on Phys.org
It was spam. He posted about 30 such messages before he was banned.

thanks Vanadium50, I wasn't sure how to ask this question w/o starting a new thread.

1. What is PF?

PF stands for "Phishing Fraud" and refers to fraudulent emails or messages that attempt to trick recipients into revealing personal information or downloading malicious software.

2. How do I know if an email is suspicious spam from PF?

There are several red flags to look for when determining if an email is a suspicious spam from PF. These include unknown sender, urgent or threatening language, requests for personal information, and links or attachments from unfamiliar sources.

3. What should I do if I receive a suspicious spam email from PF?

If you receive a suspicious spam email from PF, do not respond to it or click on any links or attachments. Instead, mark it as spam and delete it immediately. Do not provide any personal information or follow any instructions given in the email.

4. Can suspicious spam emails from PF harm my computer?

Yes, suspicious spam emails from PF can potentially harm your computer by downloading viruses or malware. It is important to never click on any links or open any attachments from unknown sources.

5. How can I protect myself from suspicious spam emails from PF?

To protect yourself from suspicious spam emails from PF, you should regularly update your antivirus software, be cautious when opening emails from unknown senders, and never provide personal information or click on links or attachments from suspicious sources.