Particles produced and energies in the target Geant4

In summary, the user is looking for an example file in Geant4 that shows the number and energy of particles produced in a target when a proton or any particle is sent to it. The suggested approach is to contact the author of a paper on Geant4 beam model for boron neutron capture therapy, or to use the step function in the Geant4 forums to gather relevant information.
emilmammadzada
TL;DR Summary
Produced particles and energies in the target Geant4
Dear experts.Which example file in Geant4 can I use to find the particles and energies produced in the target?

Engineering news on Phys.org
What target? And what examples? The ones included with the toolkit have descriptions.

Likes emilmammadzada
Vanadium 50 said:
What target? And what examples? The ones included with the toolkit have descriptions.
For example, when I send to B10 neutron, I want to find the number and energy of alpha particles produced in the target.

What example are you talking about?

Likes emilmammadzada
Vanadium 50 said:
What example are you talking about?
I want to do a bnct therapy example. Is there an example in geant4 about this? What I need is an example that shows the number and energy of new particles created in any target when I send a proton or any particle to any target.

I still don't know what you want. I suspect you look at the Geant example directories and read the source code and the notes to find what is closest.

emilmammadzada said:
I want to do a bnct therapy example. Is there an example in geant4 about this? What I need is an example that shows the number and energy of new particles created in any target when I send a proton or any particle to any target.
One may wish to contact the author of this paper, Geant4 beam model for boron neutron capture therapy: investigation of neutron dose components
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29362987/

• Informative
Likes Alex A and emilmammadzada
emilmammadzada said:
TL;DR Summary: Produced particles and energies in the target Geant4

Dear experts.Which example file in Geant4 can I use to find the particles and energies produced in the target?
In your step function, you can interrogate the step object what process happened, and if it is of interest you can get further information. Please see this topic in Geant4 forums for further details

• Informative
Likes Alex A

1. What is Geant4 and how is it used in particle production?

Geant4 is a software toolkit used for simulating the passage of particles through matter. It is commonly used in high energy physics experiments to study the interactions of particles with matter and to predict the behavior of particles in different materials.

2. How are particles produced in Geant4 simulations?

Particles are produced in Geant4 simulations through a process called particle generation. This involves specifying the type of particle, its energy, and direction of travel within the simulation. Geant4 then simulates the particle's interactions with the materials in its path, producing secondary particles as needed.

3. Can Geant4 simulate particles with different energies?

Yes, Geant4 has the ability to simulate particles with a wide range of energies, from low energy particles to those with energies in the TeV range. This allows for the study of different types of interactions and behaviors of particles at different energy levels.

4. How does Geant4 handle energies in the target material?

Geant4 uses a process called energy deposition to track the energy lost by particles as they interact with the target material. This energy is then used to create secondary particles or to produce observable effects such as scintillation or ionization.

5. What factors affect the accuracy of particle energies in Geant4 simulations?

The accuracy of particle energies in Geant4 simulations is affected by a number of factors, including the precision of the physics models used, the complexity of the geometry and materials in the simulation, and the accuracy of the input parameters used to define the particles and their interactions.