Peter Grimshaw, relapsed Physicist

In summary, Peter Grimshaw is a relapsed physicist who has returned to the field after a period of working in other industries. He is known for his groundbreaking research on quantum mechanics and his contributions to the development of new technologies such as quantum computers. Despite his relapse, Grimshaw has regained his passion for physics and is currently leading a team of researchers in exploring the potential applications of quantum mechanics in various fields.
PeterG
How did you find PF?
By searching 'Physics Forums'
Started a Physics Degree at QMC in London 1 in 1978 but swapped to an English Degree in Canterbury in 1979.
Mostly an accountant these days but been a mini video-producer, hairdresser, worked at BT.

I have my Raspberry Pi but not yet into programming.
What *IS* a computer?
A logic machine?

And trying to get back into Physics and grappling with lots of the usual funky issues like Granulated Time and Climate Change but my maths is no longer what it was. Read a lot of pop science like Brian Greene.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
How may we be of assistance? What is your goal relative to physics?

Probably tons of ways given time! I know I have made a lot of dumb comments about stuff but I find that is the way to learn !

I currently made a post about 'Effective Emission Height' - trying to understand the equations behind Climate Change Theory, which can be a thorny old topic but I wish I could find more bright and inquisitive Physics-oriented minds on. Someone has already been pretty helpful thankyou, not quite there yet but on the way.

Thankyou for asking !

PeterG said:
How did you find PF?: By searching 'Physics Forums'

Started a Physics Degree at QMC in London 1 in 1978 but swapped to an English Degree in Canterbury in 1979.
Wow. My neice started at the Art Institute of Chicago and ended with a Physics PhD from UT Austin. Creativity is an odd thing. I feel like a plodder!

Likes berkeman
Back