PF Integral Bee: Share Interesting/Quirky Integrals!

• I
  • Thread starter ergospherical
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integration
In summary, PF Integral Bee is a community-driven platform that promotes the sharing and discussion of interesting and quirky integrals in mathematics. It is open to anyone with an interest in mathematics, and submissions can be made through the platform or on social media with the hashtag #PFIntegralBee. An integral is considered interesting or quirky if it has a unique solution, involves creative techniques, or has practical applications. Active participation and discussion are encouraged among members regarding the posted integrals.
ergospherical
Thought it could be fun to have a sort of "PF Integral Bee"... if you know some interesting/quirky/etc. integrals then post them here! 🤓

To get the ball rolling...
1. ##\displaystyle{\int_0^1} \dfrac{\ln{(x+1)}}{x^2+1} dx##

• Love
Likes Greg Bernhardt, mcastillo356, Hamiltonian and 1 other person
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Not studied integrals seriously, but for me it has been really fascinating to understand ##\dfrac{d}{dx}\ln x=\dfrac{1}{x}##. The demonstration is similar to the demonstration of fundamental theorem of calculus.

1. What is "PF Integral Bee"?

"PF Integral Bee" is a platform where mathematicians and math enthusiasts can share interesting and quirky integrals. It is a community-driven website where users can submit and discuss integrals with others.

2. How can I submit an integral to "PF Integral Bee"?

To submit an integral, you can create an account on the website and then click on the "Submit Integral" button. You will be asked to provide the integral, its solution, and any additional information or context you would like to include.

3. Can I submit integrals from any branch of mathematics?

Yes, "PF Integral Bee" welcomes integrals from all branches of mathematics. This includes calculus, algebra, geometry, and more. As long as the integral is interesting or quirky, it can be submitted to the website.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for submitting integrals?

Yes, there are a few guidelines to follow when submitting integrals to "PF Integral Bee". The integral should be solvable using known methods and should not be too long or complicated. Additionally, any work or solutions should be original and not copied from other sources.

5. How can I contribute to the "PF Integral Bee" community?

There are a few ways to contribute to the "PF Integral Bee" community. You can submit interesting integrals, comment and discuss on existing integrals, and even offer solutions or alternative approaches to integrals. You can also share the website with others who may be interested in joining the community.