Photo Contest Rule Discussion - At What Point Is It A Photo Editing ?

In summary, the conversation was about the speaker's ability to summarize content without responding to questions. They are considered an expert in this skill and are only able to provide a summary of the content without any additional input.

rollcast said:
Just a quick question about the rule.

For the "True Blue" photo contest I had an idea for a image but I wasn't sure if it would be allow under this rule.

Basically I was thinking of taking the photo I had taken with my compact camera and then running it through Photoshop to simulate the effect of a colour filter on the image?

Or does that count as photo editing even though it is something you can do physically using lenses and stuff that I don't have?

That counts as photo editing and is not allowed.

Zz.

<h2>1. What is considered photo editing in a photo contest?</h2><p>In a photo contest, photo editing can be defined as any manipulation or alteration of the original photograph, including but not limited to cropping, color adjustments, and adding or removing elements.</p><h2>2. Are filters and presets considered photo editing?</h2><p>Yes, filters and presets are considered photo editing as they alter the original photograph's appearance and can significantly change the overall aesthetic of the image.</p><h2>3. Can I use Photoshop or other editing software in a photo contest?</h2><p>Yes, you can use editing software in a photo contest, but you must disclose the use of such software in your submission and adhere to the contest's guidelines and rules regarding photo editing.</p><h2>4. Is there a limit to the amount of editing allowed in a photo contest?</h2><p>The amount of editing allowed in a photo contest varies depending on the contest's rules and guidelines. Some contests may allow minimal editing, while others may allow more extensive edits. It is essential to read the rules carefully before submitting your entry.</p><h2>5. Can I use stock images or elements in my photo contest entry?</h2><p>The use of stock images or elements in a photo contest entry is generally not allowed unless specified in the contest's rules. It is essential to use original content in your submission to ensure fairness and authenticity in the contest.</p>

1. What is considered photo editing in a photo contest?

In a photo contest, photo editing can be defined as any manipulation or alteration of the original photograph, including but not limited to cropping, color adjustments, and adding or removing elements.

2. Are filters and presets considered photo editing?

Yes, filters and presets are considered photo editing as they alter the original photograph's appearance and can significantly change the overall aesthetic of the image.

3. Can I use Photoshop or other editing software in a photo contest?

Yes, you can use editing software in a photo contest, but you must disclose the use of such software in your submission and adhere to the contest's guidelines and rules regarding photo editing.

4. Is there a limit to the amount of editing allowed in a photo contest?

The amount of editing allowed in a photo contest varies depending on the contest's rules and guidelines. Some contests may allow minimal editing, while others may allow more extensive edits. It is essential to read the rules carefully before submitting your entry.

5. Can I use stock images or elements in my photo contest entry?

The use of stock images or elements in a photo contest entry is generally not allowed unless specified in the contest's rules. It is essential to use original content in your submission to ensure fairness and authenticity in the contest.