Photos from visit to Star Trek exhibit.

In summary, the EMP in Seattle currently has an exhibit celebrating 50 years of Star Trek, featuring original props and costumes from the show. This includes Kirk and McCoy's uniforms, the captain's chair, helm/navigation console, and even the Gorn from the famous "Arena" episode. It's surprising that so much from the original series was saved, but it's a testament to the lasting impact of Star Trek. Any Trekkie would definitely enjoy a visit to this exhibit. 🚀🌌🖖
Janus
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
My wife and I drove up to Seattle recently to see this exhibit at the EMP celebrating 50 years of Star Trek. Here are some pictures of some of what they had on display.
startrek5.png
Kirk and McCoy's uniforms, Original captain's chair, and helm/navigation console from bridge.
startrek31.jpg
Uniform and props from Deep Space Nine.

startrek40.jpg

The Gorn from the episode "Arena"

startrek51.jpg

Original series Communicator. They also had a phaser, tricorder, McCoy's medical scanner, and hypospray.

I was actually surprised that they had as much from the original series as they did. From the first movie on, sure, because by that time they knew that there would be collectors out there that would want the stuff, but when the first series ended they didn't know what was to come, so there was no reason to save things.

Anyway, if you have any interest in Star Trek, and find yourself anywhere near Seattle this summer, it is well worth a visit.

Likes chasrob, DennisN, ProfuselyQuarky and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org

Wow, those pictures look amazing! I'm a huge Star Trek fan and I've always wanted to visit the EMP in Seattle. It's so cool that they have all those original props and costumes from the show. I can't believe they even have the Gorn from the iconic "Arena" episode. That's definitely a must-see for any Trekkie.

I agree with you, it's surprising that they were able to save so much from the original series. I guess it just goes to show the lasting impact that Star Trek has had on pop culture. And I'm sure there are plenty of collectors out there who would love to get their hands on those props and uniforms.

I'll definitely have to plan a trip to Seattle soon. Thanks for sharing your experience and the pictures! Live long and prosper. 🖖

1. What kind of photos can I expect to see at the Star Trek exhibit?

At the Star Trek exhibit, you can expect to see photos of the original props and costumes from the TV show and movies, as well as behind-the-scenes photos of the production process.

2. Can I take my own photos at the exhibit?

Yes, photography is allowed at the Star Trek exhibit. However, flash photography is not permitted as it can damage the delicate items on display.

3. Are there any interactive photo opportunities at the exhibit?

Yes, there are some interactive photo opportunities at the Star Trek exhibit. For example, there may be a replica of the transporter room where you can take a photo "beaming up" like the characters in the show.

4. Can I purchase photos from the exhibit?

No, photos are not available for purchase at the exhibit. However, you are welcome to take your own photos and there may be a gift shop where you can purchase souvenirs.

5. Is there a limit to the number of photos I can take at the exhibit?

No, there is no limit to the number of photos you can take at the Star Trek exhibit. However, please be considerate of other visitors and do not spend an excessive amount of time taking photos in one area.