Physical Review Letters -- How to submit my paper....

In summary, submitting a paper to Physical Review Letters (PRL) requires no recommendation, but it is a highly competitive and prestigious journal. It is recommended to have previous experience in writing scientific papers and to consider submitting to a lower ranked journal focused on the specific area of research. Information on how to submit to PRL can be found on their website. Having a mentor or advisor to guide the submission process is also helpful.
izzi wekwek
How to submit paper to physical review letter? is there any specific criteria such as recomendation from expert? or can we submit without recomendation?

Physics news on Phys.org
izzi wekwek said:
How to submit paper to physical review letter? is there any specific criteria such as recomendation from expert? or can we submit without recomendation?
I'm sorry to say, but if you have to ask, it probably means that you won't get published there.

No recommendation is needed, but Phys. Rev. Lett. is a very high level journal. It is hard, even for seasoned physicists, to get published there. If you have no previous experience in writing scientific papers, there is a very good chance that your paper will not be at the level expected. There are also criteria about the impact of the work that can be hard to satisfy.

I suggest you try submitting to a lower ranked journal, especially one focused on the area you are working in instead of a general journal like PRL.

thank you for your respon mr DrClaude, so can you share how to submit a paper to physical review? and what is your recomendation for lower ranked journal?

Information on how to submit to PRL is available at http://journals.aps.org/prl/authors

As for other journals, it depends on the subject. Where did those you cite in your paper publish their work?

Likes S.G. Janssens
Don't you have some kind of advisor who can help you with this?

izzi wekwek said:
thank you for your respon mr DrClaude, so can you share how to submit a paper to physical review? and what is your recomendation for lower ranked journal?

DrClaude comments on the fact that if you have to ask, you probably won't get published there is more true than you think. It is more of a reflection on what you think you have been capable of doing.

PRL, along with Nature and Science, is one of the most difficult physics journals to get published in. Not only does the research or result that you intend to publish has to be original and important, it must also have a "wide-ranging impact". This is why for many of us, when we were just starting out in this field, would have had mentors such as a research advisor, etc. to guide us through not only selecting the appropriate journal to publish, but also what to do once we decide the journal.

So my obvious question, to echo what micromass has asked, is why don't you have one? Or is this your own private, individual research that you think merit a publication there. PRL, along with other journals, receive many of these each month that would not even pass through the editors to get to the referees.

Zz.

What is Physical Review Letters and why should I submit my paper there?

Physical Review Letters is a leading scientific journal that publishes cutting-edge research in all areas of physics. It is highly respected in the scientific community and has a high impact factor, meaning that published articles are widely read and cited. Submitting your paper to Physical Review Letters can increase its visibility and credibility in the scientific community.

How do I submit my paper to Physical Review Letters?

You can submit your paper by going to the journal's website and following the instructions for authors. You will need to create an account and provide information about your paper, such as the title, abstract, and authors. You will also need to upload your paper in the proper format.

What are the criteria for publication in Physical Review Letters?

The main criteria for publication in Physical Review Letters are scientific excellence and significance. The paper should present new and original research that advances the field of physics. It should also have a significant impact on the understanding of a particular topic or problem.

How long does it take for a paper to be reviewed and published in Physical Review Letters?

The review process for Physical Review Letters can vary, but on average it takes about 6-8 weeks for a paper to be reviewed and a decision to be made. If the paper is accepted, it will be published in the next available issue of the journal. However, the actual publication date may depend on the length and complexity of the paper.

What happens after my paper is accepted for publication in Physical Review Letters?

If your paper is accepted, you will be notified and given instructions for final submission. This includes addressing any minor revisions suggested by the reviewers and formatting your paper according to the journal's guidelines. Once your paper is finalized, it will be published in the journal and accessible to readers worldwide.