Physics Book to do along with Calc I through III?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a good physics book to supplement the material covered in "Calculus with Analytic Geometry" by George Simmons. The person is looking for books that cover Physics 1&2, Electromagnetism, and other topics. They are open to both free and purchased books, and some suggestions are given for both options. Shankar's Fundamentals of Physics I and II are recommended for their quality and availability of free online lectures, while older editions of Halliday and Resnick's books are suggested as a more affordable option.
CrunchBerries
I am working through "Calculus with Analytic Geometry" by George Simmons, and he does touch on some physics problems, but I would like to expand on this and add the Physics to it.

I do have high school physics as a base, but I would like a physics book(s) that covers Physics 1&2, then maybe even Electromagnetism and so on? Maybe some of the free physics books can be suggested as well?

How about the Introductory Physics 1&2 from the free books thread?

I am also prepared to purchase some books if they offer a better learning experience/problem sets.

Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
How about Univeristy Physics with Modern Physics by Bauer/Westfall ? I was also looking at An Introduction to Mechanics by Kleppner/Kolenkow - but the latter would require a gap filling as I understand it?

Thanks

I'd recommend Shankar's Fundamentals of Physics I and II. They're good books, and a series of his lectures teaching the university classes from them is available to watch for free online. They're also very reasonably priced at less than $30 each.

If you just want books and don't care about video lectures, and if you want to save a lot of money, you could get both volumes of an older edition of Halliday and Resnick. I learned out of one of the 90s editions, and i still use them for reference.

Related to Physics Book to do along with Calc I through III?

1. What topics are covered in a Physics Book that is meant to be used alongside Calculus I through III?

The Physics Book is designed to cover topics that are most relevant to the concepts learned in Calculus I through III, such as kinematics, Newton's laws of motion, energy and momentum, and electromagnetism.

2. Do I need to have a strong understanding of Calculus to use this Physics Book?

While it is helpful to have a basic understanding of Calculus, the Physics Book is designed to be accessible to students who are currently taking or have completed Calculus I through III. The book also includes a brief review of the necessary Calculus concepts.

3. Are there any hands-on experiments or activities included in the Physics Book?

Yes, the Physics Book includes a variety of hands-on experiments and activities that can be done with basic materials to help reinforce the concepts being learned. These activities are meant to enhance the learning experience and make the concepts more tangible.

4. Is this Physics Book suitable for self-study or is it meant to be used in a classroom setting?

The Physics Book can be used for both self-study and in a classroom setting. The book is designed to be user-friendly and includes clear explanations, examples, and practice problems that can be done independently. However, having a teacher or tutor to guide the learning process can also be beneficial.

5. How is this Physics Book different from other textbooks on the market?

This Physics Book is unique in that it is specifically designed to be used alongside Calculus I through III. It focuses on the application of Calculus concepts to solve real-world physics problems, rather than just teaching the theory. This approach helps students see the practical applications of Calculus in the field of physics.