Physics Books during free time

In summary, the individual is looking for recommendations for physics books to read during their free time. They are open to both technical and non-technical books. A suggestion is made to check out the Free Physics Books thread. One specific recommendation is "A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes" by Stephen Hawking.
annaphys
I'm studying physics and would like to read physics books during my free time. Does anyone have any suggestions? When I'm not studying it would be nice to read some not-so-technical books just for enjoyment. I've thought about reading biographies of influential physicists but I am up for anything you may recommend!

Physics news on Phys.org
annaphys said:
When I'm not studying it would be nice to read some not-so-technical books just for enjoyment. I've thought about reading biographies of influential physicists but I am up for anything you may recommend!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0393355624/?tag=pfamazon01-20

51jL19me4oL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg

Attachments

• 51jL19me4oL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg
    51jL19me4oL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 359
Likes BillTre
"A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes" by Stephen Hawking is a nice read.

Likes berkeman

What are some good physics books to read during my free time?

Some popular physics books to read during your free time include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!" by Richard Feynman, "Seven Brief Lessons on Physics" by Carlo Rovelli, and "The Universe in a Nutshell" by Stephen Hawking.

Are there any physics books that are easy for beginners to understand?

Yes, there are many physics books that are written for beginners. Some examples include "Physics for Dummies" by Steven Holzner, "The Cartoon Guide to Physics" by Larry Gonick, and "Conceptual Physics" by Paul Hewitt.

Are there any physics books that cover specific topics in depth?

Yes, there are many physics books that focus on specific topics in depth. Some examples include "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene (string theory), "The Large Scale Structure of Space-Time" by Stephen Hawking (general relativity), and "Quantum Mechanics" by Albert Messiah.

Can I find physics books in a specific format, such as audiobooks or e-books?

Yes, most popular physics books are available in multiple formats, including audiobooks and e-books. You can check online retailers or your local library for availability.

Are there any physics books that include hands-on activities or experiments?

Yes, there are many physics books that include hands-on activities or experiments to help readers better understand the concepts. Some examples include "Make: Electronics" by Charles Platt, "The Flying Circus of Physics" by Jearl Walker, and "The Physics of Superheroes" by James Kakalios.