Physics Forums getting some love at MSN

In summary, Physics Forums was mentioned in the article about the German students attempts to find a closed form solution to the air resistance problem. Alan Boyle is a member around here, and the forum was mentioned as a resource for the problem. Some American kid just set another record for text messages sent in a month.
Norman
Physics Forums was mentioned in the article about the German students attempts to find a closed form solution to the air resistance problem. I am not sure if Alan Boyle is a member around here since I have been MIA for a very long time on PF.

Check it out: http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/28/11920006-16-year-olds-equations-set-off-buzz-over-325-year-old-physics-puzzler?fb_ref=.T8TFdYJy97c.like&fb_source=home_multiline

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice! They almost got the name right :wink:!

The link works!

This seems like nice publicity for the site! Congrats! Hopefully there will be more to come as people realize that PF is unique in the quality and accuracy of its information and the effort undertaken to maintain that.

cepheid said:
This seems like nice publicity for the site!

Too right! If even a tiny fraction of the people who click on that link decide to hang around, it could mean hundreds of new members. At the very least, it will probably get a lot more traffic in the Homework section.

Kind of makes you proud to be a member. :cool:

We were also linked here (again incorrect title lol)

http://datelinenews.org/shourryya-ray-solution-to-350-year-old-isaac-Newton-puzzle-on-search-by-physicists/99554

Last edited:
I liked the comment below in the link mentioned.

"Meanwhile, some American kid just set another record for text messages sent in a month."

The daily peanut gallery who have followed my posts over the past three years has grown from one hundred something or other to well over two hundred, enough said, that is absolute proof of more peanuts.

Rhody...

In that photo he really doesn't look 16 to me somehow lol.

But aside from that, awesome that they mentioned the forum on there :)

cepheid said:
This seems like nice publicity for the site! Congrats! Hopefully there will be more to come as people realize that PF is unique in the quality and accuracy of its information and the effort undertaken to maintain that.

hear, hear!

So is it a real problem that hasn't been solved yet? A problem about air resistance? Seems like that wouldn't be much of a problem for physicists.

Can anyone comment on what he actually did? I am unable to locate any papers, etc.., that describe the solution. Only media reports. That suggests to me this story isn't as big as it's being made out to be.

1. What is "Physics Forums getting some love at MSN"?

"Physics Forums getting some love at MSN" refers to a recent recognition and feature of the popular online forum, Physics Forums, on the Microsoft Network (MSN) website. This recognition highlights the quality and value of the discussions and information shared on Physics Forums.

2. How did Physics Forums get featured on MSN?

The Physics Forums team was approached by MSN to feature the forum on their website due to its large community of members and high-quality discussions. MSN recognized the value of the forum as a source of knowledge and discussion for those interested in physics and related topics.

3. What benefits does this feature bring to Physics Forums?

Being featured on MSN provides Physics Forums with increased visibility and exposure to a wider audience. This can lead to a larger and more diverse community of members, as well as potential partnerships and collaborations with other organizations interested in physics and science.

4. How does this recognition impact the credibility of Physics Forums?

Being recognized and featured on a reputable and well-known platform like MSN adds to the credibility of Physics Forums. It shows that the forum is a trusted source of information and discussion in the field of physics, and can attract more experts and professionals to the community.

5. What can we expect from Physics Forums in the future after this feature on MSN?

With this feature, we can expect to see continued growth and development of the Physics Forums community. This could include new and exciting discussions, collaborations, and partnerships with other organizations, as well as potential improvements to the forum itself to enhance the user experience.