Physics is copies idea from sci fi, i dont think show

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between physics and science fiction. The first question asks about the statement that physics is based on ideas from science fiction. The second question refutes this idea, stating that physics is based on experimentation and observation. The third question asks for an example of a scientific concept inspired by science fiction, to which the answer is teleportation. The fourth question explores how science fiction can contribute to physics by inspiring new ideas, but emphasizes the importance of relying on scientific research. The final question addresses the importance of distinguishing between science fiction and physics, as they serve different purposes.
tiantsai
Today my friend is argue with me that physics is copy idea fro sci fiction? but i don't think so, what do you all think about argument? my friend say engineer only come out mobile device when they saw hand phone mobile device is used in star trek and borrow the idea from this movie? what is your opinion:confused:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Indeed, so if you want to discuss this further, then please do so at zooby's link.

Related to Physics is copies idea from sci fi, i dont think show

1. What do you mean by "Physics is copies idea from sci fi"?

This statement suggests that the concepts and ideas in physics are derived from science fiction literature or media. It implies that physics is not a legitimate or original field of study.

2. Is there any truth to the idea of physics being a copy of sci fi?

No, there is no truth to this statement. While science fiction may inspire some scientific ideas, the field of physics is based on rigorous experimentation and observation of the natural world.

3. Can you provide an example of a scientific concept that was inspired by science fiction?

One example is the concept of teleportation, which was first introduced in science fiction literature and later explored by physicists as a potential method of transportation.

4. How does science fiction contribute to the field of physics?

Science fiction can inspire curiosity and imagination, which can lead to new ideas and innovations in the field of physics. However, science fiction should not be considered a substitute for scientific research and evidence-based theories.

5. Why is it important to distinguish between science fiction and physics?

It is important to distinguish between science fiction and physics because while both can be entertaining and thought-provoking, they serve different purposes. Science fiction is primarily a form of entertainment, while physics is a legitimate field of scientific study with real-world applications.