Please suggest a book including cross section

In summary, a cross section in literature can refer to a specific topic or theme explored in a book or a literal image that shows the internal structure of an object. Considering cross section when choosing a book can help readers find books that align with their interests and broaden their understanding of a topic. One book that includes cross section is "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot. Non-fiction books, particularly in science, history, and social sciences, commonly include cross section. To identify cross section in a book, look for related keywords, themes, or visual representations of an object's structure.
KFC
I am reading some material on laser physics and quantum physics, there involes something called absorption cross section, collision cross section, differential cross section and so on quite often. I try to google the definition online but many website or book just give the formula instead of explaining how it come from and how it works. Anyone recommend a book for me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you know the cross section definition given in Classical Mechanics? Any book contains it.

I would recommend the book "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths. This book provides a thorough explanation of various concepts in quantum physics, including cross sections. It explains the origins and applications of absorption, collision, and differential cross sections in a clear and concise manner. Additionally, the book includes exercises and examples that can aid in understanding these concepts. I believe this book would be a valuable resource for anyone studying laser physics and quantum physics.

Related to Please suggest a book including cross section

1. What is a cross section in relation to books?

A cross section in literature refers to a specific topic or theme that is explored and represented in a book. It can also refer to a literal image or diagram in a book that shows the internal structure or composition of an object.

2. Why is it important to consider cross section when choosing a book?

Considering cross section in book selection can help readers find books that align with their interests and preferences. It can also broaden their understanding of a particular topic or theme.

3. Can you suggest a book that includes cross section?

Yes, I can suggest "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot. This book explores the cross section of science, ethics, and race through the story of Henrietta Lacks and the immortal cell line taken from her without her knowledge.

4. Are there any genres or types of books that commonly include cross section?

Yes, non-fiction books, particularly in the fields of science, history, and social sciences, often include cross section as a way to present information and provide a deeper understanding of a topic.

5. How can I identify cross section in a book?

You can identify cross section in a book by looking for specific keywords or phrases related to a particular topic or theme. You can also look for diagrams or images that depict the internal structure or composition of an object.