Possible webpage title: Troubleshooting Synchro Signal Voltage Loss in System A

In summary, the digital synchro driver is causing the synchro output to lose voltage, and the system is not able to move anything because of the load. The synchro outputs are only used for re-digitizing the data. The system is performing well, but the synchros need to be turned properly and the movement speed needs to be increased for the application.
grasscut
Hi, I am currently having an issue and hope someone can help me out! I have a Digital to Synchro card on my server that will transmit the synchro signal voltage to various component. For this issue in facing, System A takes in 4 sets of data. Thus, there will be 4 sets of S1 S2 S3. At System A, my cable from my server are connected to the terminal block of System A. I took my measurement at System A and realized my 2 sets of the voltage signal at loss.

Assuming at 0 degree for pitch and roll, i have an output of S1S2 = 79V S2S3 = 79V S1S3 = ~0V
However, when i measured the voltage at System A terminal, the 2 sets of data that has loss has about S1S2 = ~30V S2S3 = ~30V S1S3 = ~4V, and this happened even when the System A is not on. Another weird thing is that when i measured the voltage with the cable NOT connected System A terminal block, my voltage signal are fine but it changes once its connected to System A terminal block. Then i did so some troubleshooting and found that the resistance on the 2 sets of data that were wrong have about 1.2kohm, whereas the other 2 sets that is working fine and receiving the correct voltage from my server has abt 7k ohm. Does this affect the in the voltage loss?

Another thing is System A supplier used their own simulator, solely used to out synchro voltage at 0 degree is working fine when connected to their system.

I am running out of idea how to solve this issue and hope some one who is experienced in synchro signal or anyone can help me out!
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I am assuming that you also have the rotors wired - and that there is no problem there.
So the next questions are:
1) What Digital Synchro driver are you using?
2) What is its rated drive current?
3) How much current does System A draw?
4) Are the synchro outputs used by System A also tied to other systems?

Also:
5) What is System A doing with this synchro output? Is it actually trying to move something? Or is it just re-digitizing the data?
6) If it is moving something: What is the mechanical load? What is the rated load? What is the current draw expected at that load?
7) If the synchro outputs are going to other systems, repeat questions 5 and 6 for each of them.

Finally:
8) How is the system performing? Are the synchros actually turning properly? Do they go to the correct position? Do they move fast enough for your application?

1) What Digital Synchro driver are you using?
Its a North Atlantic S/D board pci-76cs1

2) What is its rated drive current?
In the data sheet, if i not wrong, the reference current is 1ma max /channel

3) How much current does System A draw?
I don't know how information on System A draw

4) Are the synchro outputs used by System A also tied to other systems?
The S/D card have many channels, but the synchro outputs to System A is not tied to other system

Also:
5) What is System A doing with this synchro output? Is it actually trying to move something? Or is it just re-digitizing the data?
Yes, Its moving something. System A is like a glide slope indicator.

6) If it is moving something: What is the mechanical load? What is the rated load? What is the current draw expected at that load?
Apologies but i do not have the information on System A. The synchro output loss happened even when System A is switched off.

7) If the synchro outputs are going to other systems, repeat questions 5 and 6 for each of them.

Finally:
8) How is the system performing? Are the synchros actually turning properly? Do they go to the correct position? Do they move fast enough for your application?
My S/D card have no issue with other systems such as gyro repeaters etc. Only to this particular output to System A

Hope you can help me out! thanks!

1. What is synchro signal voltage loss?

Synchro signal voltage loss refers to a decrease in the electrical voltage of a synchro signal, which is used to transmit information between two systems or devices. This can occur due to factors such as resistance in wires, electrical interference, or damage to the equipment.

2. What are the consequences of synchro signal voltage loss?

The consequences of synchro signal voltage loss can vary depending on the specific situation, but generally it can lead to errors or malfunctions in the system that relies on the synchro signal. This can result in incorrect data transmission, loss of synchronization, or complete failure of the system.

3. How is synchro signal voltage loss detected?

Synchro signal voltage loss is typically detected through the use of specialized equipment such as voltmeters or oscilloscopes, which can measure the voltage of the signal. In some cases, the loss may also be noticeable through changes in the performance or behavior of the system.

4. What are some common causes of synchro signal voltage loss?

Some common causes of synchro signal voltage loss include poor electrical connections, damaged or faulty wiring, electromagnetic interference, and aging or malfunctioning equipment. Other factors such as temperature changes or power surges can also contribute to voltage loss.

5. How can synchro signal voltage loss be prevented?

To prevent synchro signal voltage loss, it is important to regularly inspect and maintain all equipment and connections involved in the signal transmission. This can include cleaning and tightening connections, replacing damaged parts, and using shielding or other measures to reduce interference. Proper grounding and surge protection can also help prevent voltage loss.