Problem with Rational Rose Installation

In summary: You may need to create a new account to download the software. In summary, the software is outdated and you need to create a new account to download it.
zak100
Hi,

I downloaded the file: 7.0.0.4-RATL-RRENT-WIN-all-FP04. Its size is:

dir 7*
Volume in drive D has no label.
Volume Serial Number is B269-AF38

Directory of D:\download

06/04/2016 10:40 PM <DIR> 7.0.0.4-RATL-RRENT-WIN-all-FP04
06/04/2016 09:14 PM 131,195,766 7.0.0.4-RATL-RRENT-WIN-all-FP04.zip
1 File(s) 131,195,766 bytes
1 Dir(s) 608,497,197,056 bytes free

>dir
Volume in drive D has no label.
Volume Serial Number is B269-AF38

Directory of D:\download\7.0.0.4-RATL-RRENT-WIN-all-FP04

06/04/2016 10:40 PM <DIR> .
06/04/2016 10:40 PM <DIR> ..
11/14/2008 03:23 PM 65,597,440 7.0.0.4-RATL-RRENT-WIN-en-US-FP04.msp
11/14/2008 03:10 PM 65,597,952 7.0.0.4-RATL-RRENT-WIN-ja-JP-FP04.msp
2 File(s) 131,195,392 bytes
2 Dir(s) 608,497,197,056 bytes free

>7.0.0.4-RATL-RRENT-WIN-en-US-FP04.msp

When i run it a window pops up which displays the following message:

The upgrade patch can't be installed by the windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade
the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exist on your computer & that you have the
correct upgrade patch

Some body please guide me how to install rational rose on my laptop. I am using i5 machine & i have windows 10 installed.

Please guide me.Zulfi.

Technology news on Phys.org
It sounds like you downloaded an update and not the program.

Hi,
Thanks for your response. Actually i searched the google & found the link & then downloaded the software. If somebody has knowledge, kindly guide me the correct path to download the rational rose software.

Zulfi.

zak100 said:
Hi,
Thanks for your response. Actually i searched the google & found the link & then downloaded the software. If somebody has knowledge, kindly guide me the correct path to download the rational rose software.

Zulfi.
Perhaps you didn't read it correctly. Your error message clearly indicates that you are trying to install a patch and the installer can't find the program to apply to patch to.

Hi,
Thanks again. If you know the link for rational rose please guide me. I want to install rational rose on my computer. Somebody please tell me the link to download the rational rose software.

Zulfi.

Rational Rose is an IBM product and you can download a free trial copy. Trial copies have limited time periods and will expire meaning you will have to buy a copy to continue using it.

https://m.ibm.com/https/www-01.ibm.com/software/rational/uml/products/

Hi,
Thanks for providing me this link. I have downloaded:
Rational Modeler for Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows XP
Rational Modeler Rhapsody Corporate Edition V7.5.0 for Windows
English
2009-06-02

Can somebody tell me how is it different from rational rose?? How can i get the actual rational rose software?

Zulfi.

Why do you want Rational Rose? It's a bit out-dated.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Actually i have to teach to the students. I have heard lot about it. I think its a standard tool use by professional organizations. How you say its outdated? Is there no new version of rational rose? What tool is used in its place? Please guide me.

Zulfi.

There was a time when it was common but I haven't really seen anyone use it or heard of it for nearly 6 years now. There exist other modeling tools that. Dia or EMF are two common replacements for it now a days.

Hi,
Thanks for this information. Although I have installed the IBM Rational Modeller on my office computer but when i am installing it on my home its giving me license problem. Maybe i have to try by creating another ibm id & reinstall. Thanks for your support & guidance.

Zulfi.

What is Rational Rose and why is it commonly used by scientists?

Rational Rose is a software development tool commonly used in scientific research. It allows scientists to visualize and design complex systems, making it easier to develop and test new ideas.

What are some common issues with installing Rational Rose?

Some common issues with installing Rational Rose include compatibility issues with operating systems, missing or corrupted files, and insufficient system resources.

How can I troubleshoot installation problems with Rational Rose?

If you are experiencing problems with installing Rational Rose, you can try checking for any updates or patches, ensuring your system meets the minimum requirements, and disabling any antivirus software that may be blocking the installation.

Is there a cost associated with installing Rational Rose?

Yes, Rational Rose is a licensed software and may require a purchase or subscription. However, some universities and research institutions may provide access to the software for their students and staff.

Can I transfer my Rational Rose license to a different computer?

Yes, it is possible to transfer your Rational Rose license to a different computer, but you may need to contact the software provider for specific instructions and requirements.