Publishing in High Energy Physics ?

In summary, the author is planning to publish a paper after extending their MS thesis work. The author plans to use other people's formalism and generate standard results, but will seek advice from their advisor who supervised their MS thesis.
SuperStringboy
I am planning to publish a paper after extending my MS thesis work. What i am planning to to do is not something new. Some people worked on those recently i will extend that for more models using their formalism. But to do that lots of numerical and computational work is needed. I have written my own codes. Generated standard results.

So please suggest me some journals where my submission can fit well. As i am not doing something very new i will stay away from journals like physics review D .
What about Journal of High Energy Physics ? Their quality is very good too and they are very quick to accept and publish online i guess.

Please suggest me something... I will apply to grad school for fall 2013. so its very important for me to publish . :-s

Physics news on Phys.org
SuperStringboy said:
I am planning to publish a paper after extending my MS thesis work. What i am planning to to do is not something new. Some people worked on those recently i will extend that for more models using their formalism. But to do that lots of numerical and computational work is needed. I have written my own codes. Generated standard results.

So please suggest me some journals where my submission can fit well. As i am not doing something very new i will stay away from journals like physics review D .
What about Journal of High Energy Physics ? Their quality is very good too and they are very quick to accept and publish online i guess.

Please suggest me something... I will apply to grad school for fall 2013. so its very important for me to publish . :-s

What about seeking advice from your advisor who supervised your MS thesis? He/she should have a better idea on the level of your work and the appropriate journal.

Zz.

Ok. Thank you.

Related to Publishing in High Energy Physics ?

1. What is the typical process for publishing in high energy physics?

The process for publishing in high energy physics usually involves conducting research, analyzing data, writing a paper, and submitting it to a peer-reviewed journal. Once submitted, the paper is reviewed by experts in the field and may undergo revisions before being accepted for publication.

2. How do I choose which journal to submit my paper to?

It is important to choose a journal that is reputable and well-respected in the field of high energy physics. Factors to consider include the journal's impact factor, audience, and scope of topics. Consulting with colleagues and mentors can also be helpful in making this decision.

3. How long does the peer-review process typically take?

The length of the peer-review process can vary depending on the journal and the complexity of the paper. On average, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for a paper to be reviewed and accepted for publication.

4. Do I need to have a PhD to publish in high energy physics?

While a PhD is not a requirement for publishing in high energy physics, it is common for researchers in this field to hold a PhD or be working towards one. Having a strong understanding of the subject matter and being able to conduct rigorous research are more important factors for successful publication.

5. What are some tips for writing a successful paper in high energy physics?

Some tips for writing a successful paper in high energy physics include clearly stating the objectives and methods of your research, providing thorough and accurate data analysis, and discussing the significance of your findings in relation to current theories and previous research. It is also important to adhere to the formatting and style guidelines of the chosen journal.