QGravity, masses and CKM matrix all for free

In summary, the rumbling is likely related to the Kaluza Klein theory of mass, and it is unclear if the theory is correct.
arivero
Gold Member
I'd like to know if someone has seen/read, at least in part, some of this rumbling anywhere (beyond my own speculations, this is). It should be nice to know if it coincides with some other "speculator".

Postulate an undeterminacy principle for GR:
when transforming locally to minkowskian coordinates, you can not determine, up to plank constant, the infinitesimal volume where the transformation applies.

Now, such infinitesim is given by a generic coordinate vector x and a infinitesimal displacement (dx0, dx1, dx2, dx3). From this displacement you can get a velocity vector (1,dx1/dx0,dx2/dx0,dx3/dx0). To get units of momenta, one multiplies it by a mass. ¿Plank mass? ¡No! you can -and you will- use a separate mass value for each coordinate: m_n, m_e, m_u, m_d.

In this way you have got a momentum (m_e dx1/dx0, m_u dx1/dx0. m_d dx3/dx0) for the infinitesimal volume, and now you are can impose the condition [x,p]=h. Note that m_n=0 at this order.

Now one must build the riemann tensor. but this procedure involves first and second derivatives of metric. Regretly (well, not) the left and right derivatives do not coincide anymore because the indeterminacy does not let us to take the zero limit in derivatives. Thus we will introduce a matrix to control the ambiguity process in each derivation. This will be the CKM matrix.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think I was trying to exploit https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/1.522810 ambiguities.

In my arxive I can see at least a related note https://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0007027

At that time at was unaware of Kaluza Klein interpretation of mass, so I was looking for something without extra dimensions, and then I though about ambiguities in quantization. I was expecting to be able to formalise them via the tangent groupoid, and then perhaps to connect with Connes-Lott-Chamseddine spectral triples. Ambitious, it was.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
https://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/9905021 was another in this topic, and surely most of my early notes from years 96 to 2000, they are just light scraps as at that time I was already outside the academy, working in computer science as a lot of my kin.

1. What is the CKM matrix and why is it important in particle physics?

The CKM (Cabibbo-Kobayashi-Maskawa) matrix is a unitary matrix that describes the mixing of quarks in the Standard Model of particle physics. It is important because it allows us to understand the interactions between different types of quarks and their decays, which are crucial for understanding the behavior of particles at the subatomic level.

2. How does QGravity differ from the theory of general relativity?

QGravity (Quantum Gravity) is a theoretical framework that aims to combine the theories of quantum mechanics and general relativity to explain the behavior of gravity at a quantum level. Unlike general relativity, which describes gravity as a curvature of spacetime, QGravity suggests that gravity is a fundamental force carried by particles called gravitons.

3. Can you explain the concept of mass in terms of QGravity?

In QGravity, mass is considered a fundamental property of particles, similar to their charge or spin. It is not caused by the interaction with the Higgs field, as proposed in the Standard Model, but rather arises from the interaction between particles and gravitons. This theory suggests that mass is a result of the energy of these interactions.

4. Are there any experiments or observations that support the existence of QGravity?

Currently, there is no experimental evidence for QGravity, as it is still a theoretical framework. However, many physicists believe that it is necessary to unify our understanding of gravity with the principles of quantum mechanics, and QGravity is one of the leading theories attempting to do so.

5. Can I access information about QGravity, masses, and the CKM matrix for free?

Yes, there are many resources available online, such as scientific papers, articles, and lectures, that discuss these topics in detail and are accessible for free. Additionally, some universities and research institutes offer open access to their publications and data related to these subjects.