Quantum Physics textbooks with worked examples

In summary, the person is struggling with understanding quantum mechanics, particularly infinite potential well and wave packets, and is looking for additional resources or textbooks with more worked examples. Some suggestions include Galitski et al's "Exploring Quantum Mechanics," Morrison's "Understanding Quantum Physics," and Zettili's "Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications." Additionally, the person may benefit from Schaum's outlines and the book "Practical Quantum Mechanics" by S. Flugge.
Safder Aree
I'm currently in my first QM course and we have griffiths as our textbook. Although Griffiths is a great read I'm having trouble really conceptualizing QM ideas. We've only covered infinite potential well and wave packets as of now. Are there any additional resources or textbooks in which they have more worked examples than Griffiths or even more problems? It's really important to me that I do well in this course and after my midterm I would really like to brush up. Thank you for any guidance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Galitski et al's book "Exploring Quantum Mechanics" is an encyclopedic collection of worked problems. It may be a little on the advanced side for beginners, tho.

Likes Demystifier and Safder Aree
Andy Resnick said:
Galitski et al's book "Exploring Quantum Mechanics" is an encyclopedic collection of worked problems. It may be a little on the advanced side for beginners, tho.

I'll pick this up from my university library and try and work through it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Another book you might look at is Morrison's "Understanding Quantum Physics." It goes into more detail when discussing solutions to standard examples, than most textbooks do.

Likes Safder Aree
jtbell said:
Another book you might look at is Morrison's "Understanding Quantum Physics." It goes into more detail when discussing solutions to standard examples, than most textbooks do.

Perfect, I'll look into this as well. Thank you.

Related to Quantum Physics textbooks with worked examples

1. What is the purpose of a Quantum Physics textbook with worked examples?

A Quantum Physics textbook with worked examples serves as a learning tool for students to better understand the concepts and calculations involved in quantum mechanics. It provides step-by-step explanations and practice problems for students to apply their knowledge and improve their problem-solving skills.

2. Are there any recommended textbooks for Quantum Physics with worked examples?

Yes, there are many textbooks available that include worked examples for Quantum Physics. Some popular options include "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths and "Quantum Physics: A Beginner's Guide" by Alastair Rae.

3. How can worked examples help me understand Quantum Physics better?

Worked examples provide a visual representation of the concepts and calculations in Quantum Physics, making it easier for students to grasp and apply the information. They also allow students to see the step-by-step process of solving problems, which can aid in understanding the underlying principles.

4. Can I find Quantum Physics textbooks with worked examples online?

Yes, there are many online resources where you can find Quantum Physics textbooks with worked examples. Some websites offer free downloadable textbooks, while others may require a purchase or subscription.

5. Do Quantum Physics textbooks with worked examples cover advanced topics?

Yes, there are textbooks available that cover advanced topics in Quantum Physics with worked examples. These may include topics such as quantum entanglement, quantum field theory, and quantum computing. It is important to carefully review the table of contents before purchasing a textbook to ensure it covers the specific topics you are interested in.