Quantum Theory Books for Understanding Derivations

In summary, the person expressed their interest in learning about quantum theory and requested book recommendations to help them understand the topic better. They also asked for guidance on how to properly ask questions on the forum.
mertcan
hi, I really want to dig valuable things out of quantum theory, also I have a big eagerness to see the derivation of formulas to understand the logic of this topic. Could you recommend me some nice books which may meet my needs I expressed at the beginning ?

Physics news on Phys.org
mertcan said:
Could you recommend me some nice books which may meet my needs I expressed at the beginning ?

No, we can't. Is it really this hard to see that the OP has not enough information for us to give a decent answer?

Pardon, How can I ask the previous question ? I new at this forum, so I am not still used to use the proper question format.

Last edited:
mertcan said:
Pardon, How can I ask the previous question ? I new at this forum, so I am not still used to use the proper question format.
What mathematics and physics do you know? Have you taken any post-secondary courses or studied at that level?

1. What is quantum theory?

Quantum theory is a branch of physics that explains the behavior and interactions of particles at the atomic and subatomic levels. It is a mathematical framework that describes the fundamental principles of nature, including the properties of matter and energy.

2. Why is it important to understand derivations in quantum theory?

Understanding derivations in quantum theory is important because it allows us to fully grasp the underlying principles and equations that govern the behavior of particles at the quantum level. It also enables us to make accurate predictions and interpretations of experimental results.

3. What are some recommended books for understanding derivations in quantum theory?

Some recommended books for understanding derivations in quantum theory include "Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications" by Nouredine Zettili, "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths, and "Quantum Physics: A Beginner's Guide" by Alastair Rae.

4. Are there any prerequisite knowledge or skills needed to understand derivations in quantum theory?

Yes, a solid understanding of mathematics, particularly linear algebra and calculus, is necessary to understand derivations in quantum theory. It is also helpful to have a basic understanding of classical mechanics and electromagnetism.

5. Can I learn quantum theory solely through books and self-study?

While books can provide a thorough understanding of quantum theory, it is recommended to also supplement with practical applications and experiments. Collaborating with other scientists and attending lectures or workshops can also enhance understanding and provide valuable insights.