Question about APS DNP fall meeting

• Thread starter BillKet
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fall
In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on which category to choose for their talk at the 2021 DNP Meeting. They are unsure of the difference between a normal category and a Mini-Symposium category, and whether one is more important or has a different acceptance rate. They are advised to contact the program committee for guidance, and it is mentioned that this may not be the best conference for their first talk.
BillKet
Hello! I would like to submit an abstract to the APS DNP meeting this fall and I need to choose a category for my talk. I see that they have a series of Mini-Symposiums and my talk would fit both in a non-Mini-Symposiums but also in a Mini-Symposium (it seems like Mini-Symposiums overlap a lot with the other categories). What is the difference between a normal category and a Mini-Symposium category? Is one more important than the other? Is the acceptance rate different? Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
First, this isn't the "APS Fall Meeting". It's the "2021 DNP Meeting". Only DNP will be there, not the whole APS.

Second, if you have questions on where your abstract best belongs, you should contact the program committee. It's their job to take care of such things.

Finally, I gather than this is your first time at DNP and the first talk you are trying to give at a conference. This may not the best place to start. Acceptance rates are probably in the 20-40% ballpark. Your profile says you are in the midst of a PhD program. Your advisor may be a better resource for this.

Likes jim mcnamara

1. What is the APS DNP fall meeting?

The APS DNP fall meeting is an annual conference organized by the American Physical Society's Division of Nuclear Physics. It brings together scientists, researchers, and students from around the world to discuss the latest developments and research in the field of nuclear physics.

2. When and where will the APS DNP fall meeting take place?

The APS DNP fall meeting typically takes place in October or November each year. The location varies, but it is usually held at a major university or research institution in the United States.

3. Who can attend the APS DNP fall meeting?

The APS DNP fall meeting is open to anyone with an interest in nuclear physics, including scientists, researchers, students, and members of the public. However, registration and payment of a fee may be required to attend.

4. What topics are typically covered at the APS DNP fall meeting?

The APS DNP fall meeting covers a wide range of topics related to nuclear physics, including nuclear structure and reactions, nuclear astrophysics, nuclear instrumentation and techniques, and applications of nuclear physics in other fields. The specific topics and sessions may vary from year to year.

5. How can I participate in the APS DNP fall meeting?

There are several ways to participate in the APS DNP fall meeting. You can attend as a presenter by submitting an abstract for a talk or poster presentation. You can also attend as an observer and participate in discussions and networking opportunities. Additionally, you can volunteer to help organize the meeting or serve on a committee. More information on participation can be found on the APS DNP fall meeting website.