Question about Beals conjecture

• Thread starter robert80
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Conjecture
In summary, the conversation discusses the Beal conjecture and fake proofs that attempt to link it with Fermat's theorem. It is noted that there are no concrete connections between the two and that the solutions to Fermat's equation do not necessarily apply to Beal's equation. Additionally, there is mention of some partial solutions and connections to other conjectures, such as the ABC conjecture. There is also a question about the potential connection between powers x,y,z in equations, but no definitive progress has been made in this area.
robert80
Dear all, yesterday I ve read something about Beals conjecture on Wikipedia, But today I've said I will go through some of fake proofs with few lines. The majority of this so called proofs is based on the false logic that Fermats theorem and Beals conjecture are linked directly. By directly I mean, the first statement is usually if the solution to the Fermats problem exist, than I will simply transform the Fermats equation and I will get Beals conjecture. If you follow this logic, than there are 2 wrong assumptions, 1 form a special case you wish to generalize and the second more important is: Let us suppose the solution to Fermats equation exist for a second and we still can't state anything for the Beals equation (those solutions are not the solutions of Beals.

But there are some more profound fake proofs: They state at the beginning that there is a common factor solution and they build on this. Once again, the common factor solution does not lead you to coprime solution. it is just one example of solution.

My question is : is there any proof about powers x,y,z in equations? that they are somehow connected or linked? it doesn't have to be a simple equation. I am just curious, if there was some progress in this years? And I don't have in mind finding the examples of solutions of Beals equation. But I find quite fascinating people are using complex algorithms in order to find counterexample.

Physics news on Phys.org

What is Beal's conjecture?

Beal's conjecture is a mathematical statement that suggests there are no integers a, b, and c (each greater than 1) that satisfy the equation ax + by = cz where x, y, and z are all positive integers greater than 2.

Who proposed Beal's conjecture?

Beal's conjecture was proposed by Andrew Beal, a banker and amateur mathematician, in 1993.

Has Beal's conjecture been proven?

No, as of now, Beal's conjecture has not been proven or disproven. It remains an open problem in mathematics.

Why is Beal's conjecture important?

Beal's conjecture is important because it connects three famous unsolved problems in number theory: Fermat's Last Theorem, Catalan's Conjecture, and the Pillai Conjecture.

What are some potential applications of Beal's conjecture?

If proven, Beal's conjecture could have significant implications in cryptography and other areas of mathematics, such as the study of Diophantine equations and the theory of prime numbers.