Question about QM and Neuroscience

In summary: That paper is not physics. It is not even wrong. In summary, the article in question is pseudoscientific and not suitable for discussion.
Unbowed_epicure
TL;DR Summary
Please help me find some mistakes
I have one request, I hope you could answer it….

I saw this article that makes heavy assumptions based on Quantum Electrodynamics, like something like formation of an energy domain or sorts, and it connects it with brain activity which is super weird, I did ask a neuroscientist and he said he couldn’t make any sense with the physics part of it because the author delves very very deep into parts of physics which I’ve never heard off such as Energy Quanta-Gradients and stuff like that, and to me it seems very pseudosciencey as it is published in a non peer review Journal, however if you don’t mind you could please point out some of this mistakes(if any) this author makes on the QED theory?Now I know you wouldn't sit and analyze a 30 page paper on the internet but could you please take a look? If not the whole paper then just read the Tension vs Energy Domain part (section 3)I would really really appreciate if you could atleast point out just one mistake, I’ll link the article down below:-

{crackpot link deleted by moderator}

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Unbowed_epicure said:
Summary:: Please help me find some mistakes

I have one request, I hope you could answer it….

I saw this article that makes heavy assumptions based on Quantum Electrodynamics, like something like formation of an energy domain or sorts, and it connects it with brain activity which is super weird, I did ask a neuroscientist and he said he couldn’t make any sense with the physics part of it because the author delves very very deep into parts of physics which I’ve never heard off such as Energy Quanta-Gradients and stuff like that, and to me it seems very pseudosciencey as it is published in a non peer review Journal, however if you don’t mind you could please point out some of this mistakes(if any) this author makes on the QED theory?Now I know you wouldn't sit and analyze a 30 page paper on the internet but could you please take a look? If not the whole paper then just read the Tension vs Energy Domain part (section 3)I would really really appreciate if you could atleast point out just one mistake, I’ll link the article down below:-
It is crackpot pseudoscience. The introduction (abstract) is pure nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Unbowed_epicure
PeroK said:
It is crackpot pseudoscience. The introduction (abstract) is pure nonsense.
Hi! Thanks for responding, could you make any sense of Section 3?

Unbowed_epicure said:
Hi! Thanks for responding, could you make any sense of Section 3?
It reminds me of some of the less intelligible chapters of Ulysses by James Joyce!

By contrast, take a look at this piece on quantum gravity. Try to identify the differences between this (a genuine paper on modern physics) and the nonsensical gibberish above.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/26510077_A_Review_of_Leading_Quantum_Gravitational_Corrections_to_Newtonian_Gravity

I'll give you the first difference for free: the genuine article uses something called mathematics!

Likes Unbowed_epicure
Unbowed_epicure said:
Summary:: Please help me find some mistakes

I would really really appreciate if you could atleast point out just one mistake
This paper is pseudoscientific nonsense. It is not suitable for discussion here. For example the terms “plane or domain of tension and the plane or domain of energy” are not from any actual scientific theory. It is merely scientific words thrown together in a way that sounds exciting but is scientifically meaningless since it is not part of an actual scientific theory.

We do not discuss such material here.

Likes Unbowed_epicure and PeroK

1. What is the relationship between quantum mechanics and neuroscience?

The relationship between quantum mechanics (QM) and neuroscience is a topic of ongoing research and debate. Some scientists propose that QM principles, such as superposition and entanglement, may play a role in understanding the brain and its functions. However, there is currently no consensus on how QM may be applied to explain neurological phenomena.

2. Can QM principles help explain consciousness?

Some theories suggest that QM principles, such as quantum coherence and decoherence, may play a role in explaining consciousness. However, this is a highly controversial topic and there is currently no conclusive evidence to support this idea.

3. Are there any experiments that show a connection between QM and the brain?

There have been several experiments that have suggested a possible connection between QM and the brain. For example, some studies have shown that certain quantum processes, such as tunneling, may occur in biological systems. However, these findings are still being debated and further research is needed to fully understand the implications.

4. How do scientists study the potential connection between QM and the brain?

Scientists use a variety of techniques to study the potential connection between QM and the brain. This includes conducting experiments, using mathematical models, and analyzing data from brain imaging studies. However, due to the complexity of the brain and the limitations of current technology, studying this connection is challenging.

5. What are the implications of a possible connection between QM and the brain?

If a connection between QM and the brain is established, it could have significant implications for our understanding of consciousness, the brain, and the universe as a whole. It could also lead to new developments in fields such as quantum computing and artificial intelligence. However, more research is needed before any concrete implications can be drawn.