Questionnaire for Project Research

In summary, a student is seeking participants for a questionnaire as part of their EPQ project on the history of Mathematics. The target demographic is mathematicians with a good overall knowledge of the subject, and the questionnaire is only 4 questions long. The student is also asking for assistance in ranking the top 5 most important mathematical topics and sub-topics, and has corrected some typos in their previous message.
Pascalmag
Hi,
I'm doing a history of Maths related EPQ. I've written a questionnaire to collect data I need for the project; all I need now are people to answer it. It's only 4 questions long so it shouldn't take more than 5 mins. The link is below.

Mathematical Developments before 1900 - Project Research

My target demographic is mathematicians, so pretty much anyone who's studied maths beyond A-level and has a good overall knowledge of the subject; so maths teachers, undergraduates, postgraduates etc.
I'd be really grateful for any responses; it's a great help.
Feel free to ask any questions, especially if there's a problem with the link or questionnaire.
Thanks,
Pascal

Physics news on Phys.org
Out of the list of mathematical topics and sub-topics below, rank the top 5 most important to modern mathematics?
This sentence does not require a question mark.

Tick the following numeral representations that would have been able to recognize
"You" is probably omitted.

Thanks for pointing those typos out, I've just corrected them. Can't believe I didn't spot them when I read it through.

Related to Questionnaire for Project Research

1. What is a questionnaire for project research?

A questionnaire for project research is a set of written questions designed to gather data and information from a specific group of people for a research project. It is used to collect quantitative and qualitative data that will be analyzed to answer research questions or test hypotheses.

2. Why is a questionnaire important for project research?

A questionnaire is important for project research because it allows researchers to collect data from a large number of participants in a systematic and efficient manner. It also ensures that the data collected is standardized and can be easily analyzed to draw meaningful conclusions.

3. How do you design a questionnaire for project research?

Designing a questionnaire for project research involves several steps, including identifying the research objectives, formulating research questions, selecting appropriate question types, and pilot testing the questionnaire. It is also important to consider the target population and use clear and concise language to ensure the questions are easily understood.

4. What are the different types of questions used in a questionnaire for project research?

There are several types of questions commonly used in a questionnaire for project research, including closed-ended questions (with pre-determined response options), open-ended questions (allowing for free-form responses), and scaled questions (using a rating scale to measure opinions or attitudes). It is important to use a mix of question types to gather comprehensive data.

5. How do you ensure the validity and reliability of a questionnaire for project research?

To ensure the validity and reliability of a questionnaire for project research, it is important to use established and validated scales and questions, pilot test the questionnaire with a small sample, and analyze the data for consistency and accuracy. It is also crucial to clearly define the research objectives and use appropriate sampling techniques to ensure the results are representative of the target population.