Questions on locating and characterizing facial features in C#

• C#
  • Thread starter btb4198
  • Start date
In summary, the ConvNetCS library has pre-trained models for general object recognition and scene recognition, while the accord-framework library has a model for detecting and analyzing facial features.
btb4198
TL;DR Summary
I have some questions on locating and characterizing facial features in C#. facial features like Eyes, Noses, Mouths, ears, pupils, eyebrows, and hair.
I have some questions on locating and characterizing ( labeling) facial features in C#. Facial features like: Eyes, Nose, Mouths, Ears, Pupils, Eyebrows, and Hair.
My objective in this project, is to learn more about neural networks. I am very new to neural networks.
I have a lot of Images like this:
Drew.JPG
They are all 5184 X 3456 but of different people, at different Focal lengths and with different backgrounds.

for example:
IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_7361.JPG

Landon Brown.JPG

I want to design and code a Gans network in C# to locale and label the pixels with each facial feature.
I have been doing some research and I learned about Filter banks and how they are an an important tool for object classification in images.
So I started looking into filter banks and I learned about the VGG-16 model. The VGG-16 model is a deep convolutional network that was proposed by Simonyan and Zisserman in 2014. It is made up of 16 layers, 13 of which are convolutional. The VGG-16 model has been pre-trained on a large dataset and is widely used for image classification tasks.

Question 1, is this the best way to go for my application?

I learned there are two C# libraries that already implemented the VGG-16 model.
ConvNetCS and accord-framework

Question 2 , Has anyone used either of these libraries before?

Question 3, which one is the best for my application and why?

Last question, during my studying of deep learning, I learned there are a few factors to consider when choosing the correct filters for a convolutional network:

- The size of the input data
- The type of input data
- The desired output

The size of the input data is important because it determines the size of the filters.
For example:
If the input data is 224 x 224 the convolutional filters should be 3 x 3 or 5 x 5 , but I have not been able to find an equation to relate the input data size to the needed filter size.

Question 4, is there an equation to relate the input data size to the needed filter size?

Also if I have said anything wrong in this post, please correct me, I am completely new to this subject.

Technology news on Phys.org
Never done anything like this, but the first one only has pretrained models for general object recognition and scene recognition. The second one says it has a model for detecting and analyzing facial features, so it seems a better fit.

1. How can I locate facial features in C#?

To locate facial features in C#, you can use a library called OpenCVSharp. This library provides various methods for detecting and locating facial features such as eyes, nose, and mouth. You can also use the Haar Cascade classifier algorithm to detect and localize facial features in an image.

2. What are the different types of facial features that can be located in C#?

The most common types of facial features that can be located in C# are eyes, nose, mouth, eyebrows, and facial landmarks such as jawline and cheekbones. However, with advanced techniques and algorithms, it is possible to detect and locate more specific features like wrinkles, scars, and facial expressions.

3. How accurate is facial feature detection in C#?

The accuracy of facial feature detection in C# depends on various factors such as the quality of the image, lighting conditions, and the algorithm used. Generally, with good quality images and proper lighting, the accuracy can be around 90%. However, it may vary depending on the specific application and requirements.

4. Can I use facial feature detection in real-time applications?

Yes, it is possible to use facial feature detection in real-time applications using C#. With the help of libraries like OpenCVSharp, you can implement real-time facial feature detection and tracking. This can be useful in various applications such as face recognition, emotion detection, and augmented reality.

5. Are there any other libraries or frameworks for facial feature detection in C#?

Yes, there are several other libraries and frameworks available for facial feature detection in C#. Some popular ones include Emgu CV, AForge.NET, and Accord.NET. These libraries offer a variety of features and algorithms for facial feature detection and can be used for different applications.