• Tags
    Baseball
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 7.11.29 PM.png

CNN story
wikipedia

Brooks Robinson, probably baseball's greatest third baseman, died at the age of 86.
He played for the Baltimore Orioles ofr26 seasons.
He won 16 consecutive Gold Glove awards and got 18 All-Star Game selections.

When I was a kid I had a Brooks Robinson baseball glove.
I still have it somewhere.

One of his famously great plays:

Likes Frabjous and DrClaude
Physics news on Phys.org
Very interesting my quick overview ("Baseball", in Wikipedia). I am not devoted to sports, but I appreciate good shoots in soccer. This video is impressive. It has captured strongly my attention. Thanks, @BillTre.

Likes BillTre

What were Brooks Robinson's career statistics?

Brooks Robinson played in the Major Leagues for 23 seasons, from 1955 to 1977. He had a career batting average of .267, hit 268 home runs, and had 1,357 RBIs. He also won 16 Gold Glove Awards for his exceptional fielding at third base.

What made Brooks Robinson such a great third baseman?

Brooks Robinson was known for his exceptional fielding skills, earning him the nickname "The Human Vacuum Cleaner." He had quick reflexes, great hand-eye coordination, and a strong arm, making him a formidable force at third base. He also had a strong work ethic and was always willing to put in extra practice to improve his skills.

How many World Series did Brooks Robinson win?

Brooks Robinson won two World Series championships with the Baltimore Orioles in 1966 and 1970. He was a key player in both series, earning the World Series MVP award in 1970.

What awards and honors did Brooks Robinson receive during his career?

In addition to his 16 Gold Glove Awards, Brooks Robinson was a 15-time All-Star, won the American League MVP award in 1964, and was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1983. He is also honored by the Baltimore Orioles with a statue outside of their stadium.

What impact did Brooks Robinson have on the game of baseball?

Brooks Robinson's impact on the game of baseball cannot be overstated. He revolutionized the position of third base with his exceptional fielding skills and set a high standard for future players at the position. He also inspired generations of players with his work ethic and dedication to the game. Today, he is considered one of the greatest third basemen in the history of baseball.