Radiometry & Sensing Course: Find Syllabus Here

In summary, the conversation discusses a course on radiometry and sensing and the individual expressing interest in it. They do not want to email the instructor as they are not a student at the school. The individual inquires about the materials used and recommends searching the university bookstore for the course materials. They also suggest browsing other university course descriptions and bookstores for potential resources. They mention their limited physics knowledge but provide a link to the course syllabus and bookstore for reference.
rtareen
This course is teaching a lot of stuff I'm interested in, which is radiometry and sensing. I don't want to email the instructor as I am not a student at this school, so it would just seem like I'm some nosey nobody. Does anybody have any idea of what they are using, or something similar to what they could be using? You can find the syllabus here: https://apps.ep.jhu.edu/course-homepages/3543-615-769-physics-of-remote-sensing

Physics news on Phys.org
I am sorry I can not help you with a book recommendation. I majored in mathematics, and my physics knowledge is that of only the 2nd upper division course of EM.

However, in that you link you gave. Near the bottom is a link to the that corresponds to that university bookstore. So just search the bookstore using the course number.Moreover, you can google other university course description and browse the syllabus/ book store.

But, maybe these books are good or bad.

Likes rtareen and berkeman

1. What is radiometry and sensing?

Radiometry and sensing is a branch of science that deals with the measurement and detection of electromagnetic radiation, including visible light, infrared, and ultraviolet radiation. It involves the use of instruments and techniques to quantify and analyze the properties of light, such as intensity, wavelength, and polarization.

2. What are the applications of radiometry and sensing?

Radiometry and sensing has a wide range of applications in various fields, including astronomy, remote sensing, environmental monitoring, medical imaging, and materials science. It is used to study the properties of light emitted or reflected by objects, which can provide valuable information about their composition, temperature, and other physical characteristics.

3. What topics are covered in a radiometry and sensing course?

A typical radiometry and sensing course covers topics such as the fundamentals of electromagnetic radiation, radiometric quantities and units, radiative transfer, optical components and systems, and data analysis techniques. Other areas that may be covered include atmospheric and ocean optics, imaging systems, and spectroscopy.

4. What skills are required for a radiometry and sensing course?

To succeed in a radiometry and sensing course, students should have a strong background in mathematics, physics, and optics. They should also have good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to use scientific instruments and software for data analysis.

5. What are the potential career options for someone with a background in radiometry and sensing?

Individuals with a background in radiometry and sensing can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including aerospace, defense, environmental monitoring, medical technology, and research. They may work as scientists, engineers, or technicians, developing and using radiometric instruments and techniques to study and analyze different types of radiation.